PSY's 'Gentleman' Sets YouTube Record Anew
After breaking existing records for most views for a video in its first day on YouTube, PSY's new music video "Gentleman" sets another record, breaking the previous one held by "Kony 2012" on the popular video hosting site. The 35-year-old entertainer's follow-up to his first global viral hit "Gangnam Style" is likewise making its mark on YouTube, breaking the record for most views in a single day with 38 million views.
With 8 million more views than "Kony 2012" previous record (30 million views) garnered by "Gentleman" last April 14, PSY's mischievous dance track clip edged the short film for the distinction of getting the most views in a single day. This achievement came just a day after it first broke the record held by Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj's collaboration "Beauty and a Beat" for most views of a video on its YouTube debut.
Although it's still a long way to go before "Gentleman" duplicates the 1.5 billion views of "Gangnam Style", it may well be on track to overtake its predecessor for the title of most watched video of all-time as it already got viewed 215 million times over the past ten days since it was released. It's a very quick turnaround considering that "Gangnam Style" took all of 50 days to reach 100 million views.
The new record-setting accomplishment is welcome news for the South Korean superstar in light of the recent ban that his new video got from a state-run broadcast network based in his own homeland for abuse of public property. Right at the opening sequence of the clip, PSY is seen kicking a traffic cone that says, "No Parking," after which he bursts into laughter as he points to the camera, the first of many ungentlemanly behaviors he exhibits for the music video.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake