Fall Out Boy Debuts at the Top of Billboard Hot 200 Over Kid Cudi
Two debuts reigned the Billboard 200 albums chart this week, with Fall Out Boy's "Save Rock and Roll" securing the No. 1 spot from Kid Cudi's "Indicud" with just 18,000 copies separating their sales of 154,000 and 136,000, respectively. Both albums were projected by industry sources to sell at least 150,000 but Cudi's album fell behind a bit over the weekend to end up at the runner-up slot.
Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" remains strong at the third place with 76,000 (down 22%) while Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story..." stays put at the fourth position with 42,000 (down 31%). Grabbing the fifth spot is another debut, the last of three debuts this week, Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Mosquito" with 36,000 copies sold.
The rest of the top ten has two non-movers, The Band Perry's "Pioneer" at No. 6 with 37,000 (down 35%) and Lil Wayne's "I Am Not a Human Being II" at No. 8 with 31,000 (down 27%). Sandwiched in between them is last week's No. 2, Brad Paisley's "Wheelhouse", which falls five places down to No. 7 with 34,000 (down 66%), making it the biggest decline this week, perhaps affected by the controversy that hounded the single "Accidental Racist" instantaneously upon its release.
Re-entering the top ten at No. 9 is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, whose "The Heist" album sold 30,000 units to bounce back from its No. 16 ranking last week. Rounding-up the ten highest selling albums this week is Pink, whose "The Truth About Love" LP raked in 28,000, enough to push it back four places up back into the top ten.
- Fall Out Boy - "Save Rock and Roll" (154,000)
- Kid Cudi - "Indicud" (136,000)
- Justin Timberlake - "The 20/20 Experience" (76,000)
- Blake Shelton -"Based on a True Story..." (42,000)
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Mosquito" (38,000)
- The Band Perry - "Pioneer" (37,000)
- Brad Paisley - "Wheelhouse"(34,000)
- Lil Wayne - "I Am Not A Human Being II" (31,000)
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - "The Heist" (30,000)
- Pink -"The Truth About Love" (28,000)
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences