Ben Affleck to Receive Honorary Doctorate Degree at Brown University's Graduation Ceremony
Ben Affleck is going to receive honorary doctorate degree from Brown University on Sunday, May 26. The "To the Wonder" actor will be awarded honorary doctorate in fine arts at the university's 245th Commencement.
There are five other people besides Affleck who will receive honorary doctorate degree. They are author and editor Junot Diaz, bacteriologist Stanley Falkow, Tougaloo College president Beverly Wade Hogan, physician and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation president Risa Lavizzo-Mourey and Miami Dade College president Eduardo J. Padron.
Afleck rose to prominent after starring in 1997's movie "Good Will Hunting" which he also co-wrote with Matt Damon. Affleck and Damon received an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay and Golden Globe award for the movie. The following year, he starred in Oscar-winning movie "Shakespeare in Love". Affleck's latest project "Argo" swept numerous awards in 2012, including Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for Best Picture.
Other than actor and producer, Affleck is known for his humanitarian projects. He founded the Eastern Congo Initiative in 2010 to help people in Eastern Congo create successful society in the troubled area. In addition, Affleck is also a supporter of several organizations. He announced recently that he would be joining "Live Below the Line" campaign by living with $1.50 budget a day to raise awareness about global poverty.
More Ben Affleck News
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'