Ben Affleck to Receive Honorary Doctorate Degree at Brown University's Graduation Ceremony
Ben Affleck is going to receive honorary doctorate degree from Brown University on Sunday, May 26. The "To the Wonder" actor will be awarded honorary doctorate in fine arts at the university's 245th Commencement.
There are five other people besides Affleck who will receive honorary doctorate degree. They are author and editor Junot Diaz, bacteriologist Stanley Falkow, Tougaloo College president Beverly Wade Hogan, physician and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation president Risa Lavizzo-Mourey and Miami Dade College president Eduardo J. Padron.
Afleck rose to prominent after starring in 1997's movie "Good Will Hunting" which he also co-wrote with Matt Damon. Affleck and Damon received an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay and Golden Globe award for the movie. The following year, he starred in Oscar-winning movie "Shakespeare in Love". Affleck's latest project "Argo" swept numerous awards in 2012, including Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA Award for Best Picture.
Other than actor and producer, Affleck is known for his humanitarian projects. He founded the Eastern Congo Initiative in 2010 to help people in Eastern Congo create successful society in the troubled area. In addition, Affleck is also a supporter of several organizations. He announced recently that he would be joining "Live Below the Line" campaign by living with $1.50 budget a day to raise awareness about global poverty.
More Ben Affleck News
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard