Billy Currington Indicted for Terroristic Threats and Abuse
Country singer Billy Currington was indicted on Wednesday, April 24 on charges of terroristic threats and abuse of an elderly person. The charges stemmed from an altercation involving Currington and a 70-year-old tour boat captain, Charles Ferrelle, on April 15.
According to a Savannah-Chatham police, Ferrelle was on his boat, carrying two passengers near a dock owned by Currington when the singer suddenly shouted at him. Currington later got in his own boat, followed Ferrelle to another dock and threatened to "f**k him up" and kill him.
Ferrelle told Marine Patrol Officer Daniel Walker that he did not know why Currington was "yelling threats and profanity" at him. However, TMZ suggested that the country singer was mad because Ferrelle passed so close to his dock.
Although he didn't clearly address the incident, on April 17, Currington posted on Twitter, hinting that he wanted some privacy by not allowing anyone getting close to his resident. He wrote, "Harrassing artists often at their home by boat should be illegal. That's all i know."
Following the indiction, the 39-year-old singer took to Twitter again to thank fans for supporting him. He tweeted, "Hey guys, I wanted to thank everyone for the huge amount of support that I have received already. Unfortunately, I can't comment on this situation as this is an ongoing legal matter. It means a lot to me to have your support during this time."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal