Billy Currington Indicted for Terroristic Threats and Abuse
Country singer Billy Currington was indicted on Wednesday, April 24 on charges of terroristic threats and abuse of an elderly person. The charges stemmed from an altercation involving Currington and a 70-year-old tour boat captain, Charles Ferrelle, on April 15.
According to a Savannah-Chatham police, Ferrelle was on his boat, carrying two passengers near a dock owned by Currington when the singer suddenly shouted at him. Currington later got in his own boat, followed Ferrelle to another dock and threatened to "f**k him up" and kill him.
Ferrelle told Marine Patrol Officer Daniel Walker that he did not know why Currington was "yelling threats and profanity" at him. However, TMZ suggested that the country singer was mad because Ferrelle passed so close to his dock.
Although he didn't clearly address the incident, on April 17, Currington posted on Twitter, hinting that he wanted some privacy by not allowing anyone getting close to his resident. He wrote, "Harrassing artists often at their home by boat should be illegal. That's all i know."
Following the indiction, the 39-year-old singer took to Twitter again to thank fans for supporting him. He tweeted, "Hey guys, I wanted to thank everyone for the huge amount of support that I have received already. Unfortunately, I can't comment on this situation as this is an ongoing legal matter. It means a lot to me to have your support during this time."
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle