Video: will.i.am Performs '#thatPOWER' on 'Dancing with the Stars'
will.i.am appeared on Tuesday's episode of the hit TV celebrity dancing competition, "Dancing with the Stars", to perform his new single "#thatPOWER". His collaborator on the song, Justin Bieber, wasn't actually there to perform live with him but the Black Eyed Peas leader made sure he would appear onstage with him during "DWTS" April 23 results show.
Since Bieber was not available to sing live with will.i.am as he is currently trekking across the world for his "Believe" tour, he appeared somewhat virtually, in a pre-recorded video that was played on the giant screen set-up on stage for the special musical number. It was the similar concept that will.i.am used in their music video, where The Biebs was unleashed via a hologram.
The entire performance was quite short, perhaps due to the choreographed routine that took up most of it. will.i.am has been previously open about his being against choreography but he seemed to have no other choice but to perform the synchronized moves that he first displayed in the music video along with his crew of back-up dancers.
will.i.am's other single "Let's Go" with Chris Brown is likewise sharing the spotlight, with will having to give an interview over at KIIS-FM to defend himself against the rip-off allegations made by producers Arty and Mat Zo. The songwriter/record producer cleared the air over the matter, saying that it was all a misunderstanding over unresolved licensing issues.
More will.i.am News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'