Lee Pace in Final Talks for Villainous Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"Pushing Daisies" star Lee Pace may be attached to Marvel's upcoming film. The 34-year-old actor is reportedly in final negotiations to take a villainous role, which is still kept under wraps, in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy".
If the deals are sealed, Pace will join other cast members who have been on board the project earlier, including Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista and Michael Rooker. Pratt will play Guardian leader Peter Quill/Star-Lord while Bautista will be green warrior Drax the Destroyer. Rooker, meanwhile, will portray Zatoan-tribe member Yondu.
Also starring in "When in Rome" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", Pace was previously considered to play the film's hero Peter Quill/Star-Lord as he showed an impressive acting in his audition. After Pratt won the role, Marvel still had Pace in mind and prepared him another role to play.
In this film, Gunn serves as the director as well as co-writer alongside Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy. Set to begin the production in June, the film will make its way out in U.S. theaters on August 1, 2014.
Pace will next be seen as Thranduil in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", which is slated to be released on December 13 in the United States.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!