Lee Pace in Final Talks for Villainous Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"Pushing Daisies" star Lee Pace may be attached to Marvel's upcoming film. The 34-year-old actor is reportedly in final negotiations to take a villainous role, which is still kept under wraps, in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy".
If the deals are sealed, Pace will join other cast members who have been on board the project earlier, including Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista and Michael Rooker. Pratt will play Guardian leader Peter Quill/Star-Lord while Bautista will be green warrior Drax the Destroyer. Rooker, meanwhile, will portray Zatoan-tribe member Yondu.
Also starring in "When in Rome" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", Pace was previously considered to play the film's hero Peter Quill/Star-Lord as he showed an impressive acting in his audition. After Pratt won the role, Marvel still had Pace in mind and prepared him another role to play.
In this film, Gunn serves as the director as well as co-writer alongside Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy. Set to begin the production in June, the film will make its way out in U.S. theaters on August 1, 2014.
Pace will next be seen as Thranduil in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", which is slated to be released on December 13 in the United States.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support