Lee Pace in Final Talks for Villainous Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
"Pushing Daisies" star Lee Pace may be attached to Marvel's upcoming film. The 34-year-old actor is reportedly in final negotiations to take a villainous role, which is still kept under wraps, in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy".
If the deals are sealed, Pace will join other cast members who have been on board the project earlier, including Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista and Michael Rooker. Pratt will play Guardian leader Peter Quill/Star-Lord while Bautista will be green warrior Drax the Destroyer. Rooker, meanwhile, will portray Zatoan-tribe member Yondu.
Also starring in "When in Rome" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", Pace was previously considered to play the film's hero Peter Quill/Star-Lord as he showed an impressive acting in his audition. After Pratt won the role, Marvel still had Pace in mind and prepared him another role to play.
In this film, Gunn serves as the director as well as co-writer alongside Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy. Set to begin the production in June, the film will make its way out in U.S. theaters on August 1, 2014.
Pace will next be seen as Thranduil in "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", which is slated to be released on December 13 in the United States.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?