Brad Paisley to Guest Star in 'Nashville' Season Finale
"Nashville" has enlisted a real-life country music superstar to appear in its season finale. Brad Paisley is tapped to guest star in the last episode of the show's inaugural season, joining his wife Kimberly Williams who portrays Teddy's (Eric Close) mistress on the drama series.
The "Anything Like Me" hitmaker will play himself in the episode. He will sing a song with Connie Britton's Rayna and Charles Esten's Deacon. The episode is slated to air Wednesday, May 22 on ABC.
Prior to Paisley, another A-list musician, will.i.am, has appeared on "Nashville". The Black Eyed Peas leader, however, didn't make a musical performance on the Callie Khouri-created music-themed show as he played a record producer.
Back in January, executive producer R.J. Cutler explained their casting choice, "We're focused on our cast of real country artists -- it's not a guest show; the fabric of Nashville is the fabric of our show." He continued claiming, "The musicians in the pilot are real Nashville musicians who are greatly respected there and known and known by country music people there."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7