Brad Paisley to Guest Star in 'Nashville' Season Finale
"Nashville" has enlisted a real-life country music superstar to appear in its season finale. Brad Paisley is tapped to guest star in the last episode of the show's inaugural season, joining his wife Kimberly Williams who portrays Teddy's (Eric Close) mistress on the drama series.
The "Anything Like Me" hitmaker will play himself in the episode. He will sing a song with Connie Britton's Rayna and Charles Esten's Deacon. The episode is slated to air Wednesday, May 22 on ABC.
Prior to Paisley, another A-list musician, will.i.am, has appeared on "Nashville". The Black Eyed Peas leader, however, didn't make a musical performance on the Callie Khouri-created music-themed show as he played a record producer.
Back in January, executive producer R.J. Cutler explained their casting choice, "We're focused on our cast of real country artists -- it's not a guest show; the fabric of Nashville is the fabric of our show." He continued claiming, "The musicians in the pilot are real Nashville musicians who are greatly respected there and known and known by country music people there."
More Nashville News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'