Brad Paisley to Guest Star in 'Nashville' Season Finale
"Nashville" has enlisted a real-life country music superstar to appear in its season finale. Brad Paisley is tapped to guest star in the last episode of the show's inaugural season, joining his wife Kimberly Williams who portrays Teddy's (Eric Close) mistress on the drama series.
The "Anything Like Me" hitmaker will play himself in the episode. He will sing a song with Connie Britton's Rayna and Charles Esten's Deacon. The episode is slated to air Wednesday, May 22 on ABC.
Prior to Paisley, another A-list musician, will.i.am, has appeared on "Nashville". The Black Eyed Peas leader, however, didn't make a musical performance on the Callie Khouri-created music-themed show as he played a record producer.
Back in January, executive producer R.J. Cutler explained their casting choice, "We're focused on our cast of real country artists -- it's not a guest show; the fabric of Nashville is the fabric of our show." He continued claiming, "The musicians in the pilot are real Nashville musicians who are greatly respected there and known and known by country music people there."
More Nashville News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding