Brad Paisley to Guest Star in 'Nashville' Season Finale
"Nashville" has enlisted a real-life country music superstar to appear in its season finale. Brad Paisley is tapped to guest star in the last episode of the show's inaugural season, joining his wife Kimberly Williams who portrays Teddy's (Eric Close) mistress on the drama series.
The "Anything Like Me" hitmaker will play himself in the episode. He will sing a song with Connie Britton's Rayna and Charles Esten's Deacon. The episode is slated to air Wednesday, May 22 on ABC.
Prior to Paisley, another A-list musician, will.i.am, has appeared on "Nashville". The Black Eyed Peas leader, however, didn't make a musical performance on the Callie Khouri-created music-themed show as he played a record producer.
Back in January, executive producer R.J. Cutler explained their casting choice, "We're focused on our cast of real country artists -- it's not a guest show; the fabric of Nashville is the fabric of our show." He continued claiming, "The musicians in the pilot are real Nashville musicians who are greatly respected there and known and known by country music people there."
More Nashville News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen