Walmart to Sell Tickets for 'Man of Steel' Early Screening
Warner Bros. has formed what is thought to be the first unusual partnership in Hollywood. The studio has landed a deal with Walmart to exclusively sell tickets in more than 3700 stores for the "Man of Steel" early screening, which takes place on June 13.
"We couldn't be more excited to give our customers and associates early access to one of the summer's most anticipated movies," said Laura Phillips, Walmart senior vice president of entertainment, in a statement.
She added, "Walmart's premiere of Man of Steel once again proves we have the ambition and studio partnerships to develop unique retail programs that give our customers access to the movies they love."
Warner president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman stated that the studio was "extremely pleased" with the partnership. "We know the movie delivers and believe this unique partnership will kick off strong word of mouth that, thanks to the reach and immediacy of social media, will propel moviegoers to theaters nationwide," he said.
Ready to go on sale on May 18, tickets for the Superman film will also allow fans to take home a copy of a digital comic book written by the film's writer David Goyer and to pre-order the film's Blu-ray combo pack or digital download.
In addition to tickets, Walmarts will sell t-shirts, electronics and other merchandise on April 28. Fans can unveil the film's secret photos that are placed in the stores' signage and can be unlocked by a "Man of Steel" augmented reality app.
Starring Henry Cavill as the superhero and Amy Adams as Lois Lane, the film is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 14.
More Man of Steel News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing