Justin Bieber Reportedly Plans to Send His Pet Monkey to a Zoo
Justin Bieber apparently does not want his pet monkey back. A spokesperson for an animal shelter house, which has been keeping Bieber's pet monkey Mally after it was confiscated by German authorities in March, told Associated Press on Tuesday, April 23, that they received an email from the singer's representative. The email read, "Our team is looking into the idea of placing Mally at a zoo in Germany. Would you happen to have any recommendations for places that Mally would be safe and thrive?"
According to E! News, however, the animal shelter will wait for official documents from Bieber or his legal representatives to proceed with Mally's transfer to a new place, rather than just email. A spokesperson for Munich Tierschutzverein that keeps Mally, Roberto Mioni Coltro, said that the decision of the new place would be up to Federal Agency for Nature Conservation.
Coltro said, "We only can make a recommendation and we don't want to send Mally in the zoo, because the zoos will only [publicize] Mally. We (Tierschutzverein) want Mally in a rescue center or some organization for primates." He added that Mally might have his stuffed toy in the new place.
Previously, Franz Josef Strauss Airport customs refrained Mally from entering the country after Bieber could not show them proper paperwork. Mally later was kept in shelter until Bieber submit the required papers.
The customs' spokesman Thomas Meister said, "If by May 17 there is nothing, then he loses ownership of the animal and it becomes the property of the Federal Republic of Germany." Bieber may contact customs authorities if he wants to give away Mally, but he may face fine for being unable to obtain documents for the pet and must pay the cost needed to take care of the primate in the quarantine.
More Justin Bieber News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny