JLS Splits Up After Five Years, Plans Farewell Tour
British boyband JLS has announced that they will be breaking up for good after five short years together as a singing group. The quartet, which shot to fame after finishing as the runner-up in the 2008 season of British "The X Factor", will first go on a farewell tour and release a greatest hits album before finally bidding their career as a group adieu.
Despite selling more than 10 million records and 1.5 million show tickets and having five No. 1 singles to their credit, Aston Merrygold said, "It's just that time. We are still best of friends and always will be - but this is the end." Marvin Humes added, "The last five or so years have been nothing short of incredible. It has been an incredible journey."
Asked why they decided to pull the plug on their group after only five short years together, Humes spoke for the group, saying, "We wanted to finish on a high," alluding to their upcoming tour and album, then adding, "We never wanted to overstay our welcome."
Humes, married to The Saturdays' singer Rochelle, is moving on to the next phase of his life in four weeks, as he and his wife are expecting the arrival of their first baby. Career-wise, he made his debut as a radio DJ for CapitalFM earlier this month.
Meanwhile, Merrygold has just wrapped up his first judging stint on "Got to Dance", Jonathan Gill has bought a deer farm in Scotland, and Oritse Williams, who started the group, founded his own talent management company.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship