Emma Watson Is Despicable in First 'Bling Ring' Full Trailer
The first full trailer for Sofia Coppola's upcoming film "The Bling Ring" has been debuted via Yahoo! Movies. Dancing seductively and burglarizing famous celebrities' homes, Emma Watson's Nicki presents more shocking and hateable sides of her in the newly-released video.
A glimpse of Nicki's mean nature is seen when she openly says to her friends, "I want to rob." Self-described "a firm believer in karma," the young girl apparently does not feel ashamed of her misguided behavior at all. "And I think the situation is a huge learning lesson for me to grow and expand as a spiritual human being. I wanna lead a country one day for all I know," she admits to journalists in a sassy tone.
"Bling Ring" centers on a group of teenagers obsessed with fashion and fame who burglarized the homes of celebrities in Los Angeles. Tracking their targets' whereabouts online, the teens would break-in and steal designer clothes and possessions.
On her character, Watson commented that she truly hated her character. "She's superficial, materialistic, vain, amoral," she told British GQ. "When I read the script and I realized that essentially it was a meditation on fame and what it's become to our society, I had to do it. The character is everything that I felt strongly against."
Based on true events in which a gang of teenagers raided the houses of such stars as Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson and Megan Fox, the film is directed and written by Sofia Coppola. Also starring Israel Broussard and Katie Chang, it is set for limited release on June 14 in the United States.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease