Reba McEntire's 'Malibu Country' Loses Showrunner
Another ABC show is losing its showrunner. A day after Mike Kelley announced his departure from "Revenge", it has been confirmed that Nastaran Dibai will step down as showrunner on "Malibu Country", which has wrapped the production of the first season.
It marks the second time the Reba McEntire-starring sitcom undergoes a showrunner change in one season. Dibai was chosen to replace series creator Kevin Abbott to run the show when Abbott exited the show in October to enter rehab.
According to Deadline, Dibai quits the bubbly series after ABC rejected her idea to make significant changes to the comedy for season 2. Abbott, who previously worked with McEntire on her sitcom "Reba", reportedly may return to the series if it gets a second season.
"Malibu Country" has averaged 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating on Friday nights. The show hasn't been renewed, but it's considered likely to return.
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement