Reba McEntire's 'Malibu Country' Loses Showrunner
Another ABC show is losing its showrunner. A day after Mike Kelley announced his departure from "Revenge", it has been confirmed that Nastaran Dibai will step down as showrunner on "Malibu Country", which has wrapped the production of the first season.
It marks the second time the Reba McEntire-starring sitcom undergoes a showrunner change in one season. Dibai was chosen to replace series creator Kevin Abbott to run the show when Abbott exited the show in October to enter rehab.
According to Deadline, Dibai quits the bubbly series after ABC rejected her idea to make significant changes to the comedy for season 2. Abbott, who previously worked with McEntire on her sitcom "Reba", reportedly may return to the series if it gets a second season.
"Malibu Country" has averaged 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating on Friday nights. The show hasn't been renewed, but it's considered likely to return.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher