Reba McEntire's 'Malibu Country' Loses Showrunner
Another ABC show is losing its showrunner. A day after Mike Kelley announced his departure from "Revenge", it has been confirmed that Nastaran Dibai will step down as showrunner on "Malibu Country", which has wrapped the production of the first season.
It marks the second time the Reba McEntire-starring sitcom undergoes a showrunner change in one season. Dibai was chosen to replace series creator Kevin Abbott to run the show when Abbott exited the show in October to enter rehab.
According to Deadline, Dibai quits the bubbly series after ABC rejected her idea to make significant changes to the comedy for season 2. Abbott, who previously worked with McEntire on her sitcom "Reba", reportedly may return to the series if it gets a second season.
"Malibu Country" has averaged 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating on Friday nights. The show hasn't been renewed, but it's considered likely to return.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?