Reba McEntire's 'Malibu Country' Loses Showrunner
Another ABC show is losing its showrunner. A day after Mike Kelley announced his departure from "Revenge", it has been confirmed that Nastaran Dibai will step down as showrunner on "Malibu Country", which has wrapped the production of the first season.
It marks the second time the Reba McEntire-starring sitcom undergoes a showrunner change in one season. Dibai was chosen to replace series creator Kevin Abbott to run the show when Abbott exited the show in October to enter rehab.
According to Deadline, Dibai quits the bubbly series after ABC rejected her idea to make significant changes to the comedy for season 2. Abbott, who previously worked with McEntire on her sitcom "Reba", reportedly may return to the series if it gets a second season.
"Malibu Country" has averaged 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating on Friday nights. The show hasn't been renewed, but it's considered likely to return.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video