Reba McEntire's 'Malibu Country' Loses Showrunner
Another ABC show is losing its showrunner. A day after Mike Kelley announced his departure from "Revenge", it has been confirmed that Nastaran Dibai will step down as showrunner on "Malibu Country", which has wrapped the production of the first season.
It marks the second time the Reba McEntire-starring sitcom undergoes a showrunner change in one season. Dibai was chosen to replace series creator Kevin Abbott to run the show when Abbott exited the show in October to enter rehab.
According to Deadline, Dibai quits the bubbly series after ABC rejected her idea to make significant changes to the comedy for season 2. Abbott, who previously worked with McEntire on her sitcom "Reba", reportedly may return to the series if it gets a second season.
"Malibu Country" has averaged 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating on Friday nights. The show hasn't been renewed, but it's considered likely to return.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special