Robert De Niro and Shia LaBeouf in Talks to Play Father and Son in 'Spy's Kid'
Paramount Pictures has made aggressive approaches to three names that are expected to join its upcoming project "Spy's Kid". The studio is reportedly in talks with Robert De Niro and Shia LaBeouf to offer the two actors roles of father and son. Additionally, director D. J. Caruso is in negotiations to helm the project.
Based on Bryan Denson's series of articles in the Oregonian in 2011, the series told the true story of a traitorous CIA spy named Jim Nicholson. Eight years into his sentence, Nicholson enlisted his son Nathan, who failed to make a life in the Army and fell into depression, to continue his work.
Producing the film are Raymond Brothers and Scott Glassgold of IAM Entertainment. Jarod Einsohn is on board to serve as the executive producer while Emily Berger co-produces the project, which has not found its scriptwriter yet.
If Paramount manages to close deals with the actors and the director, the film will reunite LaBeouf with Caruso. The two previously worked together in 2007's "Disturbia" and 2008's "Eagle Eye", which also starred Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson and Billy Bob Thornton.
Currently, LaBeouf is on screens starring in Robert Redford's "The Company You Keep", while DeNiro has been shooting David O. Russell's latest film "American Hustle".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special