Robert De Niro and Shia LaBeouf in Talks to Play Father and Son in 'Spy's Kid'
Paramount Pictures has made aggressive approaches to three names that are expected to join its upcoming project "Spy's Kid". The studio is reportedly in talks with Robert De Niro and Shia LaBeouf to offer the two actors roles of father and son. Additionally, director D. J. Caruso is in negotiations to helm the project.
Based on Bryan Denson's series of articles in the Oregonian in 2011, the series told the true story of a traitorous CIA spy named Jim Nicholson. Eight years into his sentence, Nicholson enlisted his son Nathan, who failed to make a life in the Army and fell into depression, to continue his work.
Producing the film are Raymond Brothers and Scott Glassgold of IAM Entertainment. Jarod Einsohn is on board to serve as the executive producer while Emily Berger co-produces the project, which has not found its scriptwriter yet.
If Paramount manages to close deals with the actors and the director, the film will reunite LaBeouf with Caruso. The two previously worked together in 2007's "Disturbia" and 2008's "Eagle Eye", which also starred Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson and Billy Bob Thornton.
Currently, LaBeouf is on screens starring in Robert Redford's "The Company You Keep", while DeNiro has been shooting David O. Russell's latest film "American Hustle".
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap