Ailing Glen Campbell Stops Touring
Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Glen Campbell will soon end his touring days, citing his ongoing battle with Alzheimer's disease as his reason for quitting from live performances. The 77-year-old singer's condition is said to have progressed to the extent that it is becoming very difficult for the former The Beach Boys guitarist to continue with performing.
His 2012 tour was for all intents and purposes a glaring prelude of things to come, poignantly titled "Goodbye" but as Kim Campbell reveals about her husband, "Glen still wants to record, but it's just a matter of if he's able to." While the "Rhinestone Cowboy" singer remains active, playing golf and jamming with other musicians, Kim sadly discloses, "It just gets more and more difficult for him all the time."
Although Campbell bids performing live goodbye, the country legend apparently has enough strength to come up with a new album for which he is eyeing a release later this year. "See You There", due on July 30, will feature new versions of some of his most popular hits as "Wichita Lineman", "By The Time I Get to Phoenix", "Hey Little One" and his No.1 hit back in 1975, "Rhinestone Cowboy".
Campbell, who has been battling Alzheimer's for years now, will be honored with the Sargent and Eunice Shriver Profiles in Dignity Award at a fundraising dinner Tuesday night, April 23 for the Alzheimer's Association.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri