Thor Takes Jane to Asgard and Asks for Loki's Help in First 'The Dark World' Trailer
The very first trailer for Marvel's upcoming film "Thor: The Dark World" has finally been debuted via Apple's iTunes. The video catches crucial moments during Thor's second solo adventure as the arrival of an unknown powerful enemy forces the Nordic superhero, played by Chris Hemsworth, to make risk-taking decisions.
Learning that his love interest Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman, is in great danger, Thor descends to the Earth to come and save her. "I gave you my word. I would return," so he says to Jane, who is seen flying up to Asgard with him. Even so, fans will soon discover that her life is still under threat as Malekith the Accursed immobilizes her.
Prompted to do something, Thor makes a surprising visit to Tom Hiddleston's Loki, his adoptive brother as well as archenemy. It is then revealed that the Mjolnir-wielding hero intends to ask a favor, on which Loki cynically comments, "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help."
In addition to the trailer, the Alan Taylor-directed film has unveiled two new images via USA Today. Both pics interestingly show two contrary sides of the Nordic superhero as he is put in two different situations.
In the first picture, he is all smiles and exudes warmth and compassion when touring Asgard with Jane. The next shot gives a familiar look at the fierce Thor as the Nordic man gives a menacing look while wielding his powerful Mjolnir.
Also starring Christopher Eccleston as the film's villain, the Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on November 8.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'