Pink Cancels Birmingham Concert Due to Infection
Grammy Award-winning pop artist Pink went on Twitter today to announce that she's regrettably canceling her concert tonight at the LG Arena in Birmingham. The 33-year-old pop rocker has been forced to call off her scheduled performance, which would have been the first show in the European leg of her "The Truth About Love" tour, due to an ear and respiratory infection.
"With deepest regrets I had to cancel my first show of the tour tonight in Birmingham. I have an ear and respiratory infection," the singer tweeted. "I am not a person that takes cancellations lightly- and I apologize to anyone who was inconvenienced by my illness."
Pink ended her series of tweets with a message of gratitude to her loyal followers who have been showing their support. "Thanks to all my genuine people out there sending love," she wrote.
"The Truth About Love" concert tour, which Pink embarked on in support of her sixth studio album of the same title, kicked off last February in the U.S. with the first show taking place at the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. It is set to move across North America, Europe and Australia before it concludes on December 14 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta.
Her two shows in Birmingham is the fifth stopover in her tour's European leg and the first of two cities in England where she is set to perform, the other being London where she is scheduled to play four shows until the end of this week at the famed O2 Arena.
More Pink News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win