Pink Cancels Birmingham Concert Due to Infection
Grammy Award-winning pop artist Pink went on Twitter today to announce that she's regrettably canceling her concert tonight at the LG Arena in Birmingham. The 33-year-old pop rocker has been forced to call off her scheduled performance, which would have been the first show in the European leg of her "The Truth About Love" tour, due to an ear and respiratory infection.
"With deepest regrets I had to cancel my first show of the tour tonight in Birmingham. I have an ear and respiratory infection," the singer tweeted. "I am not a person that takes cancellations lightly- and I apologize to anyone who was inconvenienced by my illness."
Pink ended her series of tweets with a message of gratitude to her loyal followers who have been showing their support. "Thanks to all my genuine people out there sending love," she wrote.
"The Truth About Love" concert tour, which Pink embarked on in support of her sixth studio album of the same title, kicked off last February in the U.S. with the first show taking place at the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. It is set to move across North America, Europe and Australia before it concludes on December 14 at the Philips Arena in Atlanta.
Her two shows in Birmingham is the fifth stopover in her tour's European leg and the first of two cities in England where she is set to perform, the other being London where she is scheduled to play four shows until the end of this week at the famed O2 Arena.
More Pink News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'