3 Doors Down Cancels Four Tour Dates Following Bassist's Arrest
Rock band 3 Doors Down has announced on Monday the cancellation of their next four tour dates in the United States that are set to take place between the months of April and May. The decision was made following the arrest of the group's bassist, Todd Harrell, who was charged with vehicular homicide after causing a fatal interstate crash in a Nashville suburb.
The four shows, canceled out of respect for the crash victim Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr., include commitments in Bossier City, Louisiana, one in Nashville, and two music festivals, Rockville in Jacksonville, Florida, and Carolina Rebellion in Charlotte. The band will return in the U.S. in July after they resume their tour on May 31 in Moscow.
Harrell clipped the pickup truck being driven by Shoulders last Friday, April 19 as he sped down Interstate 40 in the Nashville suburb of Hermitage. The pickup crashed against a guardrail, causing it to fall down an embankment, resulting in the death of the driver who apparently was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The 41-year-old bassist acknowledged consuming hard cider and taking the painkiller Lortab as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax prior to the fatal accident where he hit a retaining wall about a quarter-mile down the interstate. He is due to appear in court on Thursday for multiple charges of vehicular homicide by intoxication, violation of the implied consent law, contraband, and two counts of possession of a controlled substance.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'