'Spartacus' Star Liam McIntyre Teams Up With Kellan Lutz in 'Hercules 3D'
Kellan Lutz will not find himself fighting on his own in the battlefield in "Hercules 3D" as director Renny Harlin has found him a man to partner with. "Spartacus: War of the Damned" leading actor Liam McIntyre is confirmed to play a young army captain whom Lutz' Hercules trusts the most.
"He's infinitely entertaining to watch. I am lucky to have him play military commander, Sotiris, Hercules' best friend," Harlin sings praise for McIntyre. The film marks the Australian actor's first Hollywood feature since he has mostly starred in TV series and short films.
The film will focus on Hercules' passionate love story with the Princess of Crete, who was promised to his older brother despite her undying love for the son of Zeus. "It's not a comic book, cartoony fantasy thing. It's closer to Gladiator than flying horses," explains Harlin, who co-writes the script alongside Sean Hood and Giulio Steve.
In the story, Hercules and Sotiris' relationship begins "antagonistic," but they soon develop a "close bond" after an evil king deceives them. Sold into slavery, the duo partner to earn their freedom.
Produced by Les Welden and Danny Lerner, the film about the mythological Greek demi-god is eyeing a March 2014 release. The $70-million-budgeted film is set to begin its production this May at the company's Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo