'Spartacus' Star Liam McIntyre Teams Up With Kellan Lutz in 'Hercules 3D'
Kellan Lutz will not find himself fighting on his own in the battlefield in "Hercules 3D" as director Renny Harlin has found him a man to partner with. "Spartacus: War of the Damned" leading actor Liam McIntyre is confirmed to play a young army captain whom Lutz' Hercules trusts the most.
"He's infinitely entertaining to watch. I am lucky to have him play military commander, Sotiris, Hercules' best friend," Harlin sings praise for McIntyre. The film marks the Australian actor's first Hollywood feature since he has mostly starred in TV series and short films.
The film will focus on Hercules' passionate love story with the Princess of Crete, who was promised to his older brother despite her undying love for the son of Zeus. "It's not a comic book, cartoony fantasy thing. It's closer to Gladiator than flying horses," explains Harlin, who co-writes the script alongside Sean Hood and Giulio Steve.
In the story, Hercules and Sotiris' relationship begins "antagonistic," but they soon develop a "close bond" after an evil king deceives them. Sold into slavery, the duo partner to earn their freedom.
Produced by Les Welden and Danny Lerner, the film about the mythological Greek demi-god is eyeing a March 2014 release. The $70-million-budgeted film is set to begin its production this May at the company's Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash