'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Quits Show After Season 2
Mike Kelley is departing "Revenge", the hit drama series that he created, at the end of the second season. On Monday, April 22, he announced his decision to step down as showrunner for the Emily VanCamp-starring show.
"In a difficult mutual decision between myself and ABC studios, the end of my current contract will mark my final season as showrunner for 'Revenge'," Kelley said in a statement. "Helming this series has been the ride of a lifetime..."
"...and my producing partner, Melissa Loy, and I will look back on our 'Revenge' time with deep gratitude and respect for Emily [VanCamp] and Madeleine [Stowe] and the rest of the incredible cast, our heroic crew, the dedicated and imaginative producing and writing team, and the tireless post production department ... I'm excited about finishing post production on the season two finale, which I hope will stand among the best episodes of the series thus far. Continued success to all."
ABC Studios Executive VP of Creative and Production Barry Jossen added, "Mike Kelley created a distinctive series for our studio and network with tremendous passion and dedication. We wish him all the best as he moves on to his next television achievement."
Words are, Kelley exits the show after lobbying for shorter seasons for the heavily serialized drama as the pressure of making 22 episodes per season sometimes causes tension on the set. Though he steps down from day-to-day responsibilities, he may still serve as a consultant.
No replacement is officially announced, but Deadline reports that writer/executive producer Sunil Nayar is a likely candidate for the job.
More Revenge News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal