Reese Witherspoon Bails on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' Appearance
It seems that Reese Witherspoon tries to avoid interviews following her arrest on Friday. The Academy Award-winning actress has canceled her appearance on several TV shows scheduled for this week.
The "Cruel Intentions" star didn't show up to pre-tape a "Good Morning America" appearance on Monday, April 22 for a Wednesday episode. She's also no longer listed as a guest for Tuesday's episode of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
The June Carter Cash of "Walk the Line" also skipped press appearances for her new film "Mud" on Monday, although she did show up for the movie premiere in New York on Sunday. Posing with co-star Matthew McConaughey on the red carpet, she declined to comment on or answer any question about the arrest.
Witherspoon was charged for disorderly conduct on Friday as she allegedly disobeyed a police officer's instruction to stay inside her car when her husband Jim Toth underwent a sobriety test and was charged for DUI. They were briefly jailed and released on bond.
In a statement released on Sunday, the ex-wife of Ryan Phillippe expressed her regret for her behavior. "I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said," she stated. "It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."
A court hearing on the case, which was initially scheduled for Monday, April 22, has been reset for May 22. A source says Toth "feels awful that he involved Reese in the situation. He made a bad decision and it certainly made things worse that he dragged her into it."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary