Reese Witherspoon Bails on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon' Appearance
It seems that Reese Witherspoon tries to avoid interviews following her arrest on Friday. The Academy Award-winning actress has canceled her appearance on several TV shows scheduled for this week.
The "Cruel Intentions" star didn't show up to pre-tape a "Good Morning America" appearance on Monday, April 22 for a Wednesday episode. She's also no longer listed as a guest for Tuesday's episode of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
The June Carter Cash of "Walk the Line" also skipped press appearances for her new film "Mud" on Monday, although she did show up for the movie premiere in New York on Sunday. Posing with co-star Matthew McConaughey on the red carpet, she declined to comment on or answer any question about the arrest.
Witherspoon was charged for disorderly conduct on Friday as she allegedly disobeyed a police officer's instruction to stay inside her car when her husband Jim Toth underwent a sobriety test and was charged for DUI. They were briefly jailed and released on bond.
In a statement released on Sunday, the ex-wife of Ryan Phillippe expressed her regret for her behavior. "I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said," she stated. "It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."
A court hearing on the case, which was initially scheduled for Monday, April 22, has been reset for May 22. A source says Toth "feels awful that he involved Reese in the situation. He made a bad decision and it certainly made things worse that he dragged her into it."
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio