Official: Khloe Kardashian Is Out of 'The X Factor (US)', Mario Lopez Will Return
Khloe Kardashian's "The X Factor (US)" hosting gig is short-lived. Following rumor a couple of months ago that she's fired from the show, FOX has officially announced that the wife of basketball star Lamar Odom will not return to the third season of the reality singing competition.
"Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to co-host 'The X Factor'. We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors," a spokesperson for the show tells E! News. A source assures that Khloe and FOX are parting ways on good terms, saying, "Everyone on the show had a great relationship with her and thought she was fun to work with."
Meanwhile, Mario Lopez is confirmed to return as solo host. The "Extra" host states, "I'm looking forward to returning to 'The X Factor' team. We're coming back stronger and better than ever and I'm excited to check out all the new talent."
Simon Cowell also comments on Mario's return, "I'm thrilled Mario is back for Season Three of 'The X Factor'. Hosting a live show and keeping the judges - especially Demi [Lovato] - in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he's coming back."
While Demi Lovato has signed up for the new season, "The X Factor" will still have to find two new judges to replace Britney Spears and L.A. Reid, who bowed out of the show at the end of the second season.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters
- Drew Barrymore Eats Humans in First 'Santa Clarita Diet' Trailer