'The Following' Actor Adan Canto Joins 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Mexican actor Adan Canto is included in the cast ensemble of Bryan Singer's upcoming film "X-Men: Days of Future Past". On April 20, Singer posted a photo on Twitter to confirm the news as Canto is photographed watching a hockey game and standing next to other cast members Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Shawn Ashmore.
Canto responded to Singer's tweet with a reply, "Thrilled to be X-Men," confirming that he's indeed on board the project without specifically telling the role he would play. He once hinted that his new project would have him "turn into a ball of fire if someone pisses [him] off." Thus, he is predicted to play either Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa a.k.a. Sunspot or Japanese mutant Shiro Yoshida a.k.a. Sunfire.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
In addition to Stewart, McKellen, and Ashmore, Canto will team up with other cast members, including James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page and Halle Berry. The Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special