'The Following' Actor Adan Canto Joins 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Mexican actor Adan Canto is included in the cast ensemble of Bryan Singer's upcoming film "X-Men: Days of Future Past". On April 20, Singer posted a photo on Twitter to confirm the news as Canto is photographed watching a hockey game and standing next to other cast members Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Shawn Ashmore.
Canto responded to Singer's tweet with a reply, "Thrilled to be X-Men," confirming that he's indeed on board the project without specifically telling the role he would play. He once hinted that his new project would have him "turn into a ball of fire if someone pisses [him] off." Thus, he is predicted to play either Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa a.k.a. Sunspot or Japanese mutant Shiro Yoshida a.k.a. Sunfire.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
In addition to Stewart, McKellen, and Ashmore, Canto will team up with other cast members, including James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page and Halle Berry. The Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant