3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Arrested for Fatal DUI Crash
Todd Harrell, the member of rock band 3 Doors Down, was charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication following a fatal car crash which killed a 47-year-old man, Paul Howard Shoulders Jr., on Friday, April 19. Herrell was reportedly drunk and speeding when his Cadillac clipped Shoulder's pickup truck.
Shoulders, who reportedly didn't wear a seatbelt, was ejected from his truck and was later pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Police said that Harrell's car hit a retaining wall and stopped about a quarter mile away. Harrell also showed a sign of impairment while performing field sobriety tasks.
Police later found out that Harrell consumed cider and took prescription Lortab and Xanax. Harrell was also charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail after police discovered more Xanax pills along with Oxycodone and Oxymorphone pills in a plastic bag inside Harrell's sock.
Reacting to the unfortunate news, 3 Doors Down posted on their official website on Saturday, April 20, "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."
The Associated Press said that Harrell remained in custody on Sunday, April 21 in lieu of $100,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court next Thursday.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation