3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Arrested for Fatal DUI Crash
Todd Harrell, the member of rock band 3 Doors Down, was charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication following a fatal car crash which killed a 47-year-old man, Paul Howard Shoulders Jr., on Friday, April 19. Herrell was reportedly drunk and speeding when his Cadillac clipped Shoulder's pickup truck.
Shoulders, who reportedly didn't wear a seatbelt, was ejected from his truck and was later pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Police said that Harrell's car hit a retaining wall and stopped about a quarter mile away. Harrell also showed a sign of impairment while performing field sobriety tasks.
Police later found out that Harrell consumed cider and took prescription Lortab and Xanax. Harrell was also charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail after police discovered more Xanax pills along with Oxycodone and Oxymorphone pills in a plastic bag inside Harrell's sock.
Reacting to the unfortunate news, 3 Doors Down posted on their official website on Saturday, April 20, "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."
The Associated Press said that Harrell remained in custody on Sunday, April 21 in lieu of $100,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court next Thursday.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group