3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Arrested for Fatal DUI Crash
Todd Harrell, the member of rock band 3 Doors Down, was charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication following a fatal car crash which killed a 47-year-old man, Paul Howard Shoulders Jr., on Friday, April 19. Herrell was reportedly drunk and speeding when his Cadillac clipped Shoulder's pickup truck.
Shoulders, who reportedly didn't wear a seatbelt, was ejected from his truck and was later pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Police said that Harrell's car hit a retaining wall and stopped about a quarter mile away. Harrell also showed a sign of impairment while performing field sobriety tasks.
Police later found out that Harrell consumed cider and took prescription Lortab and Xanax. Harrell was also charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail after police discovered more Xanax pills along with Oxycodone and Oxymorphone pills in a plastic bag inside Harrell's sock.
Reacting to the unfortunate news, 3 Doors Down posted on their official website on Saturday, April 20, "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."
The Associated Press said that Harrell remained in custody on Sunday, April 21 in lieu of $100,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court next Thursday.
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World