3 Doors Down's Todd Harrell Arrested for Fatal DUI Crash
Todd Harrell, the member of rock band 3 Doors Down, was charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication following a fatal car crash which killed a 47-year-old man, Paul Howard Shoulders Jr., on Friday, April 19. Herrell was reportedly drunk and speeding when his Cadillac clipped Shoulder's pickup truck.
Shoulders, who reportedly didn't wear a seatbelt, was ejected from his truck and was later pronounced dead at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Police said that Harrell's car hit a retaining wall and stopped about a quarter mile away. Harrell also showed a sign of impairment while performing field sobriety tasks.
Police later found out that Harrell consumed cider and took prescription Lortab and Xanax. Harrell was also charged with bringing controlled substances into the jail after police discovered more Xanax pills along with Oxycodone and Oxymorphone pills in a plastic bag inside Harrell's sock.
Reacting to the unfortunate news, 3 Doors Down posted on their official website on Saturday, April 20, "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Paul Howard Shoulders, Jr. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time."
The Associated Press said that Harrell remained in custody on Sunday, April 21 in lieu of $100,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court next Thursday.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton