'American Idol' Producer Develops Unscripted 'Pitch Perfect'-Like Series
Following the success of "Pitch Perfect", "American Idol" producer 19 Entertainment and its parent company CORE Media Group will work on a new reality series that takes a peek inside the world of college a cappella. The companies have signed a deal with Varsity Vocals to be able to chronicle the nation's a cappella tournament.
Executive director for Varsity Vocals Amanda Newman reveals that the series "will follow the ICCA, which is the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella, through the whole tournament series." Hence, the local, regional and final rounds will all be covered in the series.
Newman adds that the concept is "to show what you saw in 'Pitch Perfect'," but it is "based on a true story about our tournament." Not only showing each round in the competition, but also the series will follow "a bit of the students' backgrounds."
The project is unscripted, Newman says. She also denies that the series is more or less similar to NBC's "The Sing-Off", which has been confirmed to be renewed. "It will follow the real tournaments that already exist," she says.
Starring Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson and Brittany Snow, "Pitch Perfect" stole attentions as the film took story of collegiate a cappella to a different level. Released on September 28, 2012 in the United States, the film became the second highest grossing musical comedy film behind "The School of Rock". The follow-up to the 2012 sleeper hit is eyeing a 2015 release.
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty
- Booty-ful Kim Kardashian and BFF Larsa Pippen Enjoy Arcade Game on Memorial Day