Reese Witherspoon Charged With Disorderly Conduct as Husband Was Booked for DUI
Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth were briefly put in custody for disorderly conduct and DUI respectively on Friday morning, April 19, in Atlanta. Toth, who was driving a silver 2013 Ford Focus, was ordered to pull over because the car waved across double line. The police asked him to undergo a sobriety test, while Witherspoon was instructed to stay in the car.
According to Variety, Witherspoon felt agitated when her husband was being booked. Later, the police handcuffed her after she disobeyed the police's instruction to stay inside the vehicle. The police reported, "Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer. I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet." The actress reportedly fired back, saying "that she was a 'US citizen' and that she was allowed to 'stand on American ground.' "
The "This Means War" actress was also said playing her celebrity card by saying, "Do you know my name? Right now, you're about to find out who I am." However, a source later reported that the actress denied saying such thing. The source told E! News that when Witherspoon was handcuffed, she only said, "Don't you need to know my name?" The source added, "She was being protective of her husband and was fearful of the situation."
Witherspoon's agency and publicist declined to comment on the arrest. A court appearance is scheduled for Monday, April 22, but both Witherspoon and Toth are not expected to be present. Their lawyer probably will request the judge to postpone the court date, because Witherspoon is in New York City for the premiere of her new movie "Mud".
More Reese Witherspoon News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed