Reese Witherspoon Charged With Disorderly Conduct as Husband Was Booked for DUI
Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth were briefly put in custody for disorderly conduct and DUI respectively on Friday morning, April 19, in Atlanta. Toth, who was driving a silver 2013 Ford Focus, was ordered to pull over because the car waved across double line. The police asked him to undergo a sobriety test, while Witherspoon was instructed to stay in the car.
According to Variety, Witherspoon felt agitated when her husband was being booked. Later, the police handcuffed her after she disobeyed the police's instruction to stay inside the vehicle. The police reported, "Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer. I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet." The actress reportedly fired back, saying "that she was a 'US citizen' and that she was allowed to 'stand on American ground.' "
The "This Means War" actress was also said playing her celebrity card by saying, "Do you know my name? Right now, you're about to find out who I am." However, a source later reported that the actress denied saying such thing. The source told E! News that when Witherspoon was handcuffed, she only said, "Don't you need to know my name?" The source added, "She was being protective of her husband and was fearful of the situation."
Witherspoon's agency and publicist declined to comment on the arrest. A court appearance is scheduled for Monday, April 22, but both Witherspoon and Toth are not expected to be present. Their lawyer probably will request the judge to postpone the court date, because Witherspoon is in New York City for the premiere of her new movie "Mud".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival