'Sunday Night Football' Sportscaster Al Michaels Busted for DUI
Al Michaels had a run-in with the law over the weekend. The longtime sportscaster on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" was arrested for drunk driving after failing a field sobriety test at a DUI checkpoint in Santa Monica Friday night, April 19.
The 68-year-old TV presenter was booked for driving under influence and reportedly spent a few hours in jail before being released on his own recognizance early Saturday. CNN reports that he is scheduled to appear at Los Angeles Municipal Court on June 26.
"He was evaluated for suspicion of DUI, brought to the station for a Breathalyzer test, and it came out .08, which was at the legal limit, so he was released on a citation at about 3 or 4 in the morning," Sgt. William Heric told City News Service. "He was cooperative and polite the whole time."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences