'Sunday Night Football' Sportscaster Al Michaels Busted for DUI
Al Michaels had a run-in with the law over the weekend. The longtime sportscaster on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" was arrested for drunk driving after failing a field sobriety test at a DUI checkpoint in Santa Monica Friday night, April 19.
The 68-year-old TV presenter was booked for driving under influence and reportedly spent a few hours in jail before being released on his own recognizance early Saturday. CNN reports that he is scheduled to appear at Los Angeles Municipal Court on June 26.
"He was evaluated for suspicion of DUI, brought to the station for a Breathalyzer test, and it came out .08, which was at the legal limit, so he was released on a citation at about 3 or 4 in the morning," Sgt. William Heric told City News Service. "He was cooperative and polite the whole time."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story