'Sunday Night Football' Sportscaster Al Michaels Busted for DUI
Al Michaels had a run-in with the law over the weekend. The longtime sportscaster on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" was arrested for drunk driving after failing a field sobriety test at a DUI checkpoint in Santa Monica Friday night, April 19.
The 68-year-old TV presenter was booked for driving under influence and reportedly spent a few hours in jail before being released on his own recognizance early Saturday. CNN reports that he is scheduled to appear at Los Angeles Municipal Court on June 26.
"He was evaluated for suspicion of DUI, brought to the station for a Breathalyzer test, and it came out .08, which was at the legal limit, so he was released on a citation at about 3 or 4 in the morning," Sgt. William Heric told City News Service. "He was cooperative and polite the whole time."
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!