Lauryn Hill Sued for Eviction by Her Landlord
Lauryn Hill is facing another trouble. After she was charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes for the years of 2005-2007, she may now need to look for a new place to live since her landlord has reportedly threatened to kick her out.
According to TMZ, the Grammy-winning singer has rented a South Orange, New Jersey mansion since 2009 but stopped paying it last month. Her landlord wasted no time to file a lawsuit against her, giving her a legal ultimatum to leave or pay the bill.
Regarding her trouble with the IRS, Hill defended herself. In a lengthy statement posted on her official website last year, she said those years when she failed to pay her tax were the time when she "removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie