Lauryn Hill Sued for Eviction by Her Landlord
Lauryn Hill is facing another trouble. After she was charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes for the years of 2005-2007, she may now need to look for a new place to live since her landlord has reportedly threatened to kick her out.
According to TMZ, the Grammy-winning singer has rented a South Orange, New Jersey mansion since 2009 but stopped paying it last month. Her landlord wasted no time to file a lawsuit against her, giving her a legal ultimatum to leave or pay the bill.
Regarding her trouble with the IRS, Hill defended herself. In a lengthy statement posted on her official website last year, she said those years when she failed to pay her tax were the time when she "removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger."
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt