Lauryn Hill Sued for Eviction by Her Landlord
Lauryn Hill is facing another trouble. After she was charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes for the years of 2005-2007, she may now need to look for a new place to live since her landlord has reportedly threatened to kick her out.
According to TMZ, the Grammy-winning singer has rented a South Orange, New Jersey mansion since 2009 but stopped paying it last month. Her landlord wasted no time to file a lawsuit against her, giving her a legal ultimatum to leave or pay the bill.
Regarding her trouble with the IRS, Hill defended herself. In a lengthy statement posted on her official website last year, she said those years when she failed to pay her tax were the time when she "removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger."
More Lauryn Hill News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis