Lauryn Hill Sued for Eviction by Her Landlord
Lauryn Hill is facing another trouble. After she was charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes for the years of 2005-2007, she may now need to look for a new place to live since her landlord has reportedly threatened to kick her out.
According to TMZ, the Grammy-winning singer has rented a South Orange, New Jersey mansion since 2009 but stopped paying it last month. Her landlord wasted no time to file a lawsuit against her, giving her a legal ultimatum to leave or pay the bill.
Regarding her trouble with the IRS, Hill defended herself. In a lengthy statement posted on her official website last year, she said those years when she failed to pay her tax were the time when she "removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked