Lauryn Hill Sued for Eviction by Her Landlord
Lauryn Hill is facing another trouble. After she was charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes for the years of 2005-2007, she may now need to look for a new place to live since her landlord has reportedly threatened to kick her out.
According to TMZ, the Grammy-winning singer has rented a South Orange, New Jersey mansion since 2009 but stopped paying it last month. Her landlord wasted no time to file a lawsuit against her, giving her a legal ultimatum to leave or pay the bill.
Regarding her trouble with the IRS, Hill defended herself. In a lengthy statement posted on her official website last year, she said those years when she failed to pay her tax were the time when she "removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie