Reese Witherspoon Is Asked to Wait for Matthew McConaughey in New 'Mud' Clip
A new clip for Jeff Nichols' upcoming drama "Mud" has been released via Moviefone. Instead of the title character, the new video specifically focuses on his lover Juniper, played by Reese Witherspoon, who's desperately waiting for her man to come.
Juniper is visited by two young boys Ellis and Neckbone, who come with a letter from Mud, played by Matthew McConaughey. She is on the verge of tears when reading it. It is then revealed that Mud's intention of writing the letter is to ask his girlfriend to "hold tight" for a certain time until they are finally reunited.
"Mud" centers on the titular character who is a fugitive hiding out on an island in the Mississippi. In his attempts to reunite with his love Juniper, Mud becomes friends with Arkansas teenagers Ellis and Neckbone, who later help him evade the authorities.
In addition to serving behind the lens, Jeff writes the script for the indie film. Joining the cast ensemble are Michael Shannon, Sam Shepard, Sarah Paulson, Ray McKinnon, Joe Don Baker, Paul Sparks, Tye Sheridan and Stuart Greer.
Fully financed by Everest Entertainment and produced by both Everest and FilmNation Entertainment, the film will hit U.S. theaters on April 26.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival