Judge Grants Kim Kardashian and Kris Humpries' Divorce
The long battle between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries is finally over. On Friday, April 19, a settlement is reached in the pair's divorce case with a judge deciding to dissolve their marriage, according to TMZ. The divorce case will be finalized once the papers are prepared and signed by officials. It is expected to happen next June 19.
Kris failed to show up in the Friday's hearing due to his practice schedule with his team while Kim was present at the court with her lawyer, Laura Wasser. The divorce is a victory for Kim, since Kris walked out of the court with no financial gain despite previously demanding $7 million from the 32-year-old actress.
A representative for Kris told E! News that he's happy with the decision, saying, "Kris and his family are excited to move forward and are grateful for all of the support they have received in this process. His commitment to the Brooklyn Nets and the team's incredible fans is his number one priority and he is excited to head into the playoffs tomorrow with this situation behind him."
As for Kim, a source told the site that the star who is pregnant with Kanye West's child was "relieved." The source said, "It was made clear to them that Kris had no intention of pursuing this any further. All Kim ever wanted was to move on from the marriage and now is just relieved she can do that."
Kim got married to Kris back in August 2011 and she later filed for divorce after 72 days of marriage.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women