Judge Grants Kim Kardashian and Kris Humpries' Divorce
The long battle between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries is finally over. On Friday, April 19, a settlement is reached in the pair's divorce case with a judge deciding to dissolve their marriage, according to TMZ. The divorce case will be finalized once the papers are prepared and signed by officials. It is expected to happen next June 19.
Kris failed to show up in the Friday's hearing due to his practice schedule with his team while Kim was present at the court with her lawyer, Laura Wasser. The divorce is a victory for Kim, since Kris walked out of the court with no financial gain despite previously demanding $7 million from the 32-year-old actress.
A representative for Kris told E! News that he's happy with the decision, saying, "Kris and his family are excited to move forward and are grateful for all of the support they have received in this process. His commitment to the Brooklyn Nets and the team's incredible fans is his number one priority and he is excited to head into the playoffs tomorrow with this situation behind him."
As for Kim, a source told the site that the star who is pregnant with Kanye West's child was "relieved." The source said, "It was made clear to them that Kris had no intention of pursuing this any further. All Kim ever wanted was to move on from the marriage and now is just relieved she can do that."
Kim got married to Kris back in August 2011 and she later filed for divorce after 72 days of marriage.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce