Judge Grants Kim Kardashian and Kris Humpries' Divorce
The long battle between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries is finally over. On Friday, April 19, a settlement is reached in the pair's divorce case with a judge deciding to dissolve their marriage, according to TMZ. The divorce case will be finalized once the papers are prepared and signed by officials. It is expected to happen next June 19.
Kris failed to show up in the Friday's hearing due to his practice schedule with his team while Kim was present at the court with her lawyer, Laura Wasser. The divorce is a victory for Kim, since Kris walked out of the court with no financial gain despite previously demanding $7 million from the 32-year-old actress.
A representative for Kris told E! News that he's happy with the decision, saying, "Kris and his family are excited to move forward and are grateful for all of the support they have received in this process. His commitment to the Brooklyn Nets and the team's incredible fans is his number one priority and he is excited to head into the playoffs tomorrow with this situation behind him."
As for Kim, a source told the site that the star who is pregnant with Kanye West's child was "relieved." The source said, "It was made clear to them that Kris had no intention of pursuing this any further. All Kim ever wanted was to move on from the marriage and now is just relieved she can do that."
Kim got married to Kris back in August 2011 and she later filed for divorce after 72 days of marriage.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says