'Dexter' Debuts New Trailer for Final Season, Showtime Boss Talks About Possible Spin-Off
Another promo for "Dexter" season 8 has landed online. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the trailer highlights the consequences of the title character and Deb's actions in the season 7 finale. Their relationship is in turmoil as Deb is plagued with remorse, while Dexter moves on with his life without feeling any guilt and may find a new romance.
The upcoming installment of the crime series, which will premiere Sunday, June 30, at 9 P.M. on Showtime, has been confirmed to be the last. Star and executive producer Michael C. Hall is among those who are pleased with the decision.
He told EW, "I've been an advocate for having a dialog with the writers and getting a sense of how to best bring this story home - not wrap everything up with a tidy bow, but find some sort of conclusion. There has to be an end game. Once Deb found out, it felt like we were moving toward a place where the world as Dexter knew it would end."
Meanwhile, Showtime entertainment president David Nevins said "it was always a likely plan" to end the show after eight seasons. "I wanted to leave the possibility that if something changed," he explained, "but it became clear as we talked between last season and this season that they had an endgame. Once Deb crossed the line she did when she found out, it was leading to the endgame."
Addressing rumor of potential spin-off focusing on Deb, he admitted, "All options are on the table as to where it could go after this." He added, "There's nothing actively happening, but you never know what the future holds. We need to get through this season and see how the dust settles and then see where we go from there. I won't rule it out, but I'm not actively planning anything."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March