30 Seconds to Mars Premieres 'Up in the Air' Music Video
After releasing an almost one-minute teaser this week of their new music video for 'Up in the Air', 30 Seconds to Mars finally unveiled its full version. The track, included in their upcoming fourth album, "Love Lust Faith + Dreams", was first launched by the band into the International Space Station in the SpaceX Dragon Cargo Capsule from Cape Canaveral.
The eight-and-a-half-minute clip is actually a short film helmed by the group's frontman Jared Leto under his Bartholomew Cubbins alter ego. It is shot in what seems to be an abandoned airplane hangar as he guides Damien Hirst, Dita Von Teese and U.S. Olympic gymnasts McKayla Maroney and Jordyn Wieber along the striking visuals that may trigger seizures in people with epilepsy, as the warning cautiously states.
"This short film is quite unlike anything we have ever done before," Leto raved about his new work, alluding to the many strange inclusions in it like a man covered in bees and a chalk fight. He called it "an epic, bizarre and hallucinogenic journey through an incredibly surreal landscape."
"Love Lust Faith + Dreams", set to be released in May, is the band's follow-up to their 2009 LP "This is War". For their new studio recording, they have teamed up with producer Steve Lillywhite, who has worked with the likes of Morrissey, Dave Matthews Band, The Pogues and The Rolling Stones.
30 Seconds to Mars "Up in the Air" music video
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding