Amy Poehler Sends Love Message for Boston in New 'Ask Amy' Video
Another Boston native reacted to the Boston Marathon bombings which happened on Monday, April 15. This time it's Amy Poehler, who gets serious and emotional when answering a question from a 16-year-old girl named Millie on her regular YouTube segment, "Ask Amy".
Millie tells Amy that there are popular videos on the internet. She watches those video because her friends do and she will feel left out if she doesn't. However, she finds that those videos "seem pointless" despite being "attention-getting". Millie asks, "What can I do to spread better messages?"
"Well Millie, I've been thinking a lot about this, or the wider, bigger question of 'What should we be looking at and watching these days?' " Amy begins answering. She goes on saying that with a lot of events going on, people have been forced to see images they don't want to see.
"I've been thinking about what these images do to our brains and to our heart and how we should look at them, and when we should look at them," she tells Millie. "What do I want my eye to see? How can I keep myself informed and connected without exploiting people and harming myself?"
"It's been tough, hasn't it? Doesn't it feel like we're just bombarded with stuff now? That everywhere we go there's just some picture that's worse than the one before?" she continues. She also says that it is a good thing "give our eyes a break." She explains that people don't have to learn everything through their eyes. They can find information "by reading about them or talking about them or listening."
"It's okay not to be looking at what everyone else is looking at all the time, and be okay with letting some things rest in peace," she concludes. Addressing the bombings that happened during Monday's marathon in Boston, the 41-year-old funny lady says, "I don't know if this makes any sense, but this has been a weird week, hasn't it?" She thanks Millie for her question and adds, "I love you Boston."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic