PSY's 'Gentleman' Video Banned by South Korean Network Over Abuse of Public Property
In the wake of the record-setting success of PSY's new "Gentleman" video, the South Korean pop star gets some negative feedback along the way. The 35-year-old YouTube sensation will have to take some bad with the good, as his "Gangnam Style" follow-up hit gets slammed in his own hometown.
State-funded broadcasting network KBS has banned PSY's new music video for abusing public property right at the opening sequence of the clip. He is seen kicking a traffic cone that says "No Parking" after which he bursts into laughter as he points to the camera.
The company has released a press statement admonishing the act, saying that the scene does not meet their high public broadcasting standards and they have therefore decided on discontinuing with the showing of the video especially since "infants or children haven't fully developed a standard for judgment and tend to believe and follow what's shown on television." They have apparently banned other videos in the past for similar reasons.
The traffic cone-kicking scene is just one of many more ungentlemanly behaviors exhibited by PSY in his ironically-titled music video. He also does some childish pranks as kicking away a group of kids' soccer ball, pulling a lady's bikini top, pulling a chair from behind someone who's about to sit down, and yuckiest of all, bringing his fart to a poor girl's face.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story