PSY's 'Gentleman' Video Banned by South Korean Network Over Abuse of Public Property
In the wake of the record-setting success of PSY's new "Gentleman" video, the South Korean pop star gets some negative feedback along the way. The 35-year-old YouTube sensation will have to take some bad with the good, as his "Gangnam Style" follow-up hit gets slammed in his own hometown.
State-funded broadcasting network KBS has banned PSY's new music video for abusing public property right at the opening sequence of the clip. He is seen kicking a traffic cone that says "No Parking" after which he bursts into laughter as he points to the camera.
The company has released a press statement admonishing the act, saying that the scene does not meet their high public broadcasting standards and they have therefore decided on discontinuing with the showing of the video especially since "infants or children haven't fully developed a standard for judgment and tend to believe and follow what's shown on television." They have apparently banned other videos in the past for similar reasons.
The traffic cone-kicking scene is just one of many more ungentlemanly behaviors exhibited by PSY in his ironically-titled music video. He also does some childish pranks as kicking away a group of kids' soccer ball, pulling a lady's bikini top, pulling a chair from behind someone who's about to sit down, and yuckiest of all, bringing his fart to a poor girl's face.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?