PSY's 'Gentleman' Video Banned by South Korean Network Over Abuse of Public Property
In the wake of the record-setting success of PSY's new "Gentleman" video, the South Korean pop star gets some negative feedback along the way. The 35-year-old YouTube sensation will have to take some bad with the good, as his "Gangnam Style" follow-up hit gets slammed in his own hometown.
State-funded broadcasting network KBS has banned PSY's new music video for abusing public property right at the opening sequence of the clip. He is seen kicking a traffic cone that says "No Parking" after which he bursts into laughter as he points to the camera.
The company has released a press statement admonishing the act, saying that the scene does not meet their high public broadcasting standards and they have therefore decided on discontinuing with the showing of the video especially since "infants or children haven't fully developed a standard for judgment and tend to believe and follow what's shown on television." They have apparently banned other videos in the past for similar reasons.
The traffic cone-kicking scene is just one of many more ungentlemanly behaviors exhibited by PSY in his ironically-titled music video. He also does some childish pranks as kicking away a group of kids' soccer ball, pulling a lady's bikini top, pulling a chair from behind someone who's about to sit down, and yuckiest of all, bringing his fart to a poor girl's face.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show