PSY's 'Gentleman' Video Banned by South Korean Network Over Abuse of Public Property
In the wake of the record-setting success of PSY's new "Gentleman" video, the South Korean pop star gets some negative feedback along the way. The 35-year-old YouTube sensation will have to take some bad with the good, as his "Gangnam Style" follow-up hit gets slammed in his own hometown.
State-funded broadcasting network KBS has banned PSY's new music video for abusing public property right at the opening sequence of the clip. He is seen kicking a traffic cone that says "No Parking" after which he bursts into laughter as he points to the camera.
The company has released a press statement admonishing the act, saying that the scene does not meet their high public broadcasting standards and they have therefore decided on discontinuing with the showing of the video especially since "infants or children haven't fully developed a standard for judgment and tend to believe and follow what's shown on television." They have apparently banned other videos in the past for similar reasons.
The traffic cone-kicking scene is just one of many more ungentlemanly behaviors exhibited by PSY in his ironically-titled music video. He also does some childish pranks as kicking away a group of kids' soccer ball, pulling a lady's bikini top, pulling a chair from behind someone who's about to sit down, and yuckiest of all, bringing his fart to a poor girl's face.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl