Seth MacFarlane Approached to Host Oscars Again
After being re-elected to oversee Oscars 2014, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron seem to believe that the only way to ensure continuity of success in garnering high ratings is to place the right man as the host of the event. Thus, it is no surprise if the duo re-invites controversial host Seth MacFarlane.
Sources close to MacFarlane confirm that the "Family Guy" creator is indeed asked to be back again as the Oscars host. "After defending his performance, the producers reached out to Seth and invited him back to host the show again," the sources tell JustJared.
Despite the "No way" tweet the comedian wrote after finishing his Oscars hosting gig to inform fans that he would not ever return to host the prestigious event, the sources reveal that he in fact considers the offer, saying, "He's not sure if he's going to do it, but he has to decide within the next couple of weeks."
The 2013 Academy Award, which had MacFarlane as the host, drew big ratings as well as criticisms. Drawing 40.3 million total viewers and successfully luring in more young viewers, the 39-year-old gagman became the subject of criticism because of his controversial jokes on sensitive social issues.
Zadan and Meron totally defended the host, saying that their host had done exactly the job he had been hired to do. "Seth is irreverent, he comments on things that happen in our culture, and that's what he did and we thought he did an extraordinary job," said Meron.
Zadan added, "I spoke to somebody yesterday and they were disappointed that he didn't go further. So you can't really gauge. Somebody thinks it's too much, some people think it's just enough... he brought in the youngest demos that the Oscars have ever had."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?