Lionsgate Debuts First 'Ender's Game' Trailer at CinemaCon
The first footage of "Ender's Game" was played in a presentation at CinemaCon on April 18. After introduced by Lionsgate co-chairman Rob Friedman, stars Asa Butterfield and Hailee Steinfeld took the stage to present the trailer, which will be shown in front of "Star Trek Into Darkness" starting this May 7.
The trailer highlights a shy young man named Ender (Butterfield) who is prepared to be a future great commander who "doesn't think like we think and doesn't fear what we fear." The video later offers a glimpse of Ender screaming, "Now!" as a giant twin-barreled laser gun on a ship is fired into the distance, causing a big explosion.
Additionally, other characters make appearances in the footage, including Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford), Maori tribal-tattooed Mazer Rackham (Sir Ben Kingsley), Major Anderson (Viola Davis) and Petra Arkanian (Steinfeld).
Based on Orson Scott Card's novels "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow", the movie is set in the time after the Earth is assaulted by alien and gifted children are recruited by the government to take revenge. Those kids are trained with a simulated battle game and only the best one will be chosen. Ender emerges as the chosen kid and soon he becomes Earth's best hope to defeat the alien Formic race.
Also starring Abigail Breslin, the film will make its way out into U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly