Lionsgate Debuts First 'Ender's Game' Trailer at CinemaCon
The first footage of "Ender's Game" was played in a presentation at CinemaCon on April 18. After introduced by Lionsgate co-chairman Rob Friedman, stars Asa Butterfield and Hailee Steinfeld took the stage to present the trailer, which will be shown in front of "Star Trek Into Darkness" starting this May 7.
The trailer highlights a shy young man named Ender (Butterfield) who is prepared to be a future great commander who "doesn't think like we think and doesn't fear what we fear." The video later offers a glimpse of Ender screaming, "Now!" as a giant twin-barreled laser gun on a ship is fired into the distance, causing a big explosion.
Additionally, other characters make appearances in the footage, including Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford), Maori tribal-tattooed Mazer Rackham (Sir Ben Kingsley), Major Anderson (Viola Davis) and Petra Arkanian (Steinfeld).
Based on Orson Scott Card's novels "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow", the movie is set in the time after the Earth is assaulted by alien and gifted children are recruited by the government to take revenge. Those kids are trained with a simulated battle game and only the best one will be chosen. Ender emerges as the chosen kid and soon he becomes Earth's best hope to defeat the alien Formic race.
Also starring Abigail Breslin, the film will make its way out into U.S. theaters on November 1.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert