Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Reportedly Put Their Wedding on Hold
Miley Cyrus and fiance Liam Hemsworth probably will not exchange vows in the foreseeable future. The couple, who planned to get married this summer, allegedly postponed their wedding. A source told PEOPLE, "They want to figure out their life together before they get married."
The source added, "They're still engaged and living together. They just realized that there is no rush with the wedding and that it's better that they wait a bit." The source added that "they were never in a rush to get married."
Another source told Life & Style magazine, "They were supposed to get married in June but there have been so many problems with them. They thought it was best to work out their issues before making such a big commitment. They aren't ready. Their families are both concerned. They don't want to see Miley and Liam get married and then get divorced. They're very young to be getting married."
Miley's father, Billy Ray Cyrus, previously told ABC News that his daughter and Liam were "friends" and he was not sure if Miley and Liam would get married in the near future. "I don't know. I know as I was writing a book, I wanted to keep that particular moment [Miley's wedding] as open-ended as possible. I didn't know the answer," he said.
In addition, in an interview which was aired on Monday, April 15, Miley's father said, "They're young, they're kids, the great news is they're great friends, they're really good friends. I play it by ear, I know whatever's meant to be that's the way it's going to happen." Liam's sister-in-law Elsa Pataky was not sure either. "I don't know. If they get married it would be nice to go," she said earlier this week.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers