'The Maze Runner' Tapped 'Teen Wolf' Actor Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
Dylan O'Brien is set to play the leading character in 20th Century Fox's "The Maze Runner", according to Deadline. In the film which is based on the young adult novel of the same title by James Dashner, O'Brien will play Thomas, a boy who is mysteriously sent into a strange maze called The Glade.
Thomas who remembers nothing but his first name joins a group of boys who also have no idea how they got there and how to get out. He leads the boys to keep working together to find a way out of the place which is surrounded by stone walls.
Wes Ball is going to direct "The Maze Runner" based on a script penned by Noah Oppenheim. The film also stars Thomas Sangster, Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, and Kaya Scodelario. It will begin its production in Baton Rouge, Louisiana this May, and is set to be released in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
O'Brien is best known for portraying Stiles on MTV's "Teen Wolf". The 21-year-old actor will next be seen in Shawn Levy's "The Internship", in which he stars alongside Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'