'The Maze Runner' Tapped 'Teen Wolf' Actor Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
Dylan O'Brien is set to play the leading character in 20th Century Fox's "The Maze Runner", according to Deadline. In the film which is based on the young adult novel of the same title by James Dashner, O'Brien will play Thomas, a boy who is mysteriously sent into a strange maze called The Glade.
Thomas who remembers nothing but his first name joins a group of boys who also have no idea how they got there and how to get out. He leads the boys to keep working together to find a way out of the place which is surrounded by stone walls.
Wes Ball is going to direct "The Maze Runner" based on a script penned by Noah Oppenheim. The film also stars Thomas Sangster, Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, and Kaya Scodelario. It will begin its production in Baton Rouge, Louisiana this May, and is set to be released in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
O'Brien is best known for portraying Stiles on MTV's "Teen Wolf". The 21-year-old actor will next be seen in Shawn Levy's "The Internship", in which he stars alongside Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child