'The Maze Runner' Tapped 'Teen Wolf' Actor Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
Dylan O'Brien is set to play the leading character in 20th Century Fox's "The Maze Runner", according to Deadline. In the film which is based on the young adult novel of the same title by James Dashner, O'Brien will play Thomas, a boy who is mysteriously sent into a strange maze called The Glade.
Thomas who remembers nothing but his first name joins a group of boys who also have no idea how they got there and how to get out. He leads the boys to keep working together to find a way out of the place which is surrounded by stone walls.
Wes Ball is going to direct "The Maze Runner" based on a script penned by Noah Oppenheim. The film also stars Thomas Sangster, Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, and Kaya Scodelario. It will begin its production in Baton Rouge, Louisiana this May, and is set to be released in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
O'Brien is best known for portraying Stiles on MTV's "Teen Wolf". The 21-year-old actor will next be seen in Shawn Levy's "The Internship", in which he stars alongside Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'