'The Maze Runner' Tapped 'Teen Wolf' Actor Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
Dylan O'Brien is set to play the leading character in 20th Century Fox's "The Maze Runner", according to Deadline. In the film which is based on the young adult novel of the same title by James Dashner, O'Brien will play Thomas, a boy who is mysteriously sent into a strange maze called The Glade.
Thomas who remembers nothing but his first name joins a group of boys who also have no idea how they got there and how to get out. He leads the boys to keep working together to find a way out of the place which is surrounded by stone walls.
Wes Ball is going to direct "The Maze Runner" based on a script penned by Noah Oppenheim. The film also stars Thomas Sangster, Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, and Kaya Scodelario. It will begin its production in Baton Rouge, Louisiana this May, and is set to be released in U.S. theaters on February 14, 2014.
O'Brien is best known for portraying Stiles on MTV's "Teen Wolf". The 21-year-old actor will next be seen in Shawn Levy's "The Internship", in which he stars alongside Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri