Katy Perry Sued by British Hair Product Company
Katy Perry is sued by Good Hair Day, a British hair product she formerly represented. Jamella Group Ltd., the owner of GHD, reportedly filed a lawsuit against Perry after she claimed that the company owed her $2 million for extending her contract based on a verbal agreement.
In the suit which was filed on April 11, GHD clearly wanted to shoot down any oral agreement it allegedly made with the 28-year-old singer. "It is undisputable that the parties never entered into the required signed agreement," the suit stated.
Back in 2011, Perry signed a $4.5 million written contract to promote GHD's product for two years. Later, Perry's agent said that the company orally agreed to renew her contract. However, GHD insisted that the agreement never existed, saying it actually planned to cut ties with her because she wasn't popular enough to make European people buy the product.
For that, Perry threatened to sue the company for breach of oral contract and defamation. A representative for Perry told TMZ, "Jemella's attempt to embarrass Ms. Perry by including defamatory statements about her in a public filing is shameful."
Perry herself also shared her thoughts of the canceled deal. She said, "They're backing out of the deal because of an ownership change, and just throwing shade to hide their bad faith."
More Katy Perry News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!