Jennifer Lawrence to Receive Friendship Award From Down Syndrome of Louisville
Jennifer Lawrence doesn't let fame and fortune go to her head. The "Silver Linings Playbook" actress stays grounded and keeps her friendship with Louisville local Andy Strunk, who has Down Syndrome, despite her meteoric rise to stardom. For that, she will be honored with Friendship Award by Down Syndrome of Louisville.
"Jennifer and Andy Strunk (a member of Down Syndrome of Louisville) have been friends and neighbors since their middle school days," a rep for the organization says. "Jennifer and Andy enjoy a loyal friendship of mutual encouragement and enjoy each other's company and humor. They text and speak on the phone quite frequently. Their families stay in close contact and continue a friendship too."
"Our members and staff of Down Syndrome of Louisville are so very proud of Jennifer for staying true to her Louisville hometown roots while she achieves global recognition for her craft as an artist. We are thrilled that Andy will present the Friendship Award to her family," the rep adds. "To quote Andy, 'Jen is my friend!' "
The Katniss of "The Hunger Games" will be feted on April 26 at the Down Syndrome of Louisville's Kentucky Derby party, the Mint Jubilee Gala. Her brother Blaine Lawrence and his fiancee will accept the award on her behalf because she's unable to attend due to work commitment. She'll be filming her new movie in Hawaii.
Jennifer's family has a close tie to Down Syndrome of Louisville, E! News reports. Each year, her grandfather and uncle hold a Christmas party for the community group, which she has attended and even volunteered at.
In related news, Jennifer Lawrence is listed as one of the most influential figures by TIME magazine. She joins Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake, Lena Dunham, Jimmy Fallon, President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?