Twitter Launches Music Discovery App 'Twitter #Music'
Twitter music discovery app "Twitter #Music" has been launched for both iPhone and web users. The new app is available online at music.twitter.com and as a separate app for the iPhone through the App Store. It helps to find music that is trending on Twitter by collecting users' activity on the social networking site as to which acts or bands they follow.
It features four user-friendly tabs that help users navigate and pursue new tunes and provides a dedicated page for acts like Justin Timberlake or Jay-Z that a user currently follows on Twitter, from which songs by those artists can be directly browsed and played. The "Popular" tab shows the user what songs are trending on Twitter while the "Emerging" tab features up-and-coming artists. "Suggested" displays artists that the user might want to listen to based on those currently being followed, while "#NowPlaying" lists the songs tweeted by the people followed by the user.
"Twitter #Music" has a sleek and polished design made up of each artist or song's page displayed in a grid where the user can tap the song and it will start playing while an animated CD spins in the bottom left corner. Tapping again on the said spinning CD will then give the user an even larger version of it which he/she then uses to navigate through the track either to fast forward or rewind within it.
Meanwhile, as iPhone and web users get to enjoy the new app, android phone users would have to wait a little further as Twitter is yet to announce when "Twitter #Music" will become available for them. The app will be initially available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand before it is spread to other countries.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up