Twitter Launches Music Discovery App 'Twitter #Music'
Twitter music discovery app "Twitter #Music" has been launched for both iPhone and web users. The new app is available online at music.twitter.com and as a separate app for the iPhone through the App Store. It helps to find music that is trending on Twitter by collecting users' activity on the social networking site as to which acts or bands they follow.
It features four user-friendly tabs that help users navigate and pursue new tunes and provides a dedicated page for acts like Justin Timberlake or Jay-Z that a user currently follows on Twitter, from which songs by those artists can be directly browsed and played. The "Popular" tab shows the user what songs are trending on Twitter while the "Emerging" tab features up-and-coming artists. "Suggested" displays artists that the user might want to listen to based on those currently being followed, while "#NowPlaying" lists the songs tweeted by the people followed by the user.
"Twitter #Music" has a sleek and polished design made up of each artist or song's page displayed in a grid where the user can tap the song and it will start playing while an animated CD spins in the bottom left corner. Tapping again on the said spinning CD will then give the user an even larger version of it which he/she then uses to navigate through the track either to fast forward or rewind within it.
Meanwhile, as iPhone and web users get to enjoy the new app, android phone users would have to wait a little further as Twitter is yet to announce when "Twitter #Music" will become available for them. The app will be initially available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand before it is spread to other countries.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab