Twitter Launches Music Discovery App 'Twitter #Music'
Twitter music discovery app "Twitter #Music" has been launched for both iPhone and web users. The new app is available online at music.twitter.com and as a separate app for the iPhone through the App Store. It helps to find music that is trending on Twitter by collecting users' activity on the social networking site as to which acts or bands they follow.
It features four user-friendly tabs that help users navigate and pursue new tunes and provides a dedicated page for acts like Justin Timberlake or Jay-Z that a user currently follows on Twitter, from which songs by those artists can be directly browsed and played. The "Popular" tab shows the user what songs are trending on Twitter while the "Emerging" tab features up-and-coming artists. "Suggested" displays artists that the user might want to listen to based on those currently being followed, while "#NowPlaying" lists the songs tweeted by the people followed by the user.
"Twitter #Music" has a sleek and polished design made up of each artist or song's page displayed in a grid where the user can tap the song and it will start playing while an animated CD spins in the bottom left corner. Tapping again on the said spinning CD will then give the user an even larger version of it which he/she then uses to navigate through the track either to fast forward or rewind within it.
Meanwhile, as iPhone and web users get to enjoy the new app, android phone users would have to wait a little further as Twitter is yet to announce when "Twitter #Music" will become available for them. The app will be initially available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand before it is spread to other countries.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama