Twitter Launches Music Discovery App 'Twitter #Music'
Twitter music discovery app "Twitter #Music" has been launched for both iPhone and web users. The new app is available online at music.twitter.com and as a separate app for the iPhone through the App Store. It helps to find music that is trending on Twitter by collecting users' activity on the social networking site as to which acts or bands they follow.
It features four user-friendly tabs that help users navigate and pursue new tunes and provides a dedicated page for acts like Justin Timberlake or Jay-Z that a user currently follows on Twitter, from which songs by those artists can be directly browsed and played. The "Popular" tab shows the user what songs are trending on Twitter while the "Emerging" tab features up-and-coming artists. "Suggested" displays artists that the user might want to listen to based on those currently being followed, while "#NowPlaying" lists the songs tweeted by the people followed by the user.
"Twitter #Music" has a sleek and polished design made up of each artist or song's page displayed in a grid where the user can tap the song and it will start playing while an animated CD spins in the bottom left corner. Tapping again on the said spinning CD will then give the user an even larger version of it which he/she then uses to navigate through the track either to fast forward or rewind within it.
Meanwhile, as iPhone and web users get to enjoy the new app, android phone users would have to wait a little further as Twitter is yet to announce when "Twitter #Music" will become available for them. The app will be initially available in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand before it is spread to other countries.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story