Stevie Nicks Thinks Reese Witherspoon Is 'Too Old' to Play Her
If a biopic of Fleetwood Mac's former singer Stevie Nicks ever gets made, Reese Witherspoon may never have a chance to take a lead role in the film. Even though Stevie previously specifically chose Reese to play her, the songwriter admits that the idea is not possible now.
"I've already told [Reese] she's almost too old," the rock and roll singer tells ET Canada at the Toronto premiere of her documentary "In Your Dreams". Surprisingly, the Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde" is not offended at all and even proposes an alternative to the singer instead. "I love her, but she's like, 'I could play your mother.' I'm like 'O.K.' "
Regardless of who eventually wins the role, Stevie once said that she did not want the biopic, which remains a concept until now, to be previewed for public. "I thought a few people would see it and love it and it would go back on the library shelf," she said.
Back in September 2011, Stevie shot down reports that a biopic about her life as a rock and roll musician was being developed. "Nobody is making a movie about my life. When there is a movie about my life being made, everybody will know," she said.
Before Reese became the frontrunner for the role, Lindsay Lohan was rumored to be set to play her. Apparently, the 64-year-old rocker strongly opposed to it, saying, "Over my dead body. She needs to stop doing drugs and get a grip. Then maybe we'll talk."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March