Stevie Nicks Thinks Reese Witherspoon Is 'Too Old' to Play Her
If a biopic of Fleetwood Mac's former singer Stevie Nicks ever gets made, Reese Witherspoon may never have a chance to take a lead role in the film. Even though Stevie previously specifically chose Reese to play her, the songwriter admits that the idea is not possible now.
"I've already told [Reese] she's almost too old," the rock and roll singer tells ET Canada at the Toronto premiere of her documentary "In Your Dreams". Surprisingly, the Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde" is not offended at all and even proposes an alternative to the singer instead. "I love her, but she's like, 'I could play your mother.' I'm like 'O.K.' "
Regardless of who eventually wins the role, Stevie once said that she did not want the biopic, which remains a concept until now, to be previewed for public. "I thought a few people would see it and love it and it would go back on the library shelf," she said.
Back in September 2011, Stevie shot down reports that a biopic about her life as a rock and roll musician was being developed. "Nobody is making a movie about my life. When there is a movie about my life being made, everybody will know," she said.
Before Reese became the frontrunner for the role, Lindsay Lohan was rumored to be set to play her. Apparently, the 64-year-old rocker strongly opposed to it, saying, "Over my dead body. She needs to stop doing drugs and get a grip. Then maybe we'll talk."
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!