Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy's 'The Heat' to Get Early Screening to Support Boston
In the wake of Boston Marathon bombing attacks, director Paul Feig plans an advance screening for "The Heat", a new comedy starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, to show their support for law enforcements in the city. Bullock said it's the least they could do after getting lots of helps from Boston cops when they were filming the movie there.
"It's been an amazing tight-knit community before this happened, and it just bonded a community even more," the actress said in front of hundreds of movie theater owners at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. "I don't think a screening would ever be enough, feel like it's enough to do for them."
"It's a remarkable place, an amazing city that's obviously going through a really tough situation," McCarthy chimed in. "I have a sweet spot for it now." Feig added, "The movie is such a love letter to Boston. A lot of our cast are Boston people, either born or raised. So we really would like to support that city. I love that city."
Bullock additionally praised the movie crew from Boston for working "crazy hours" with the "last-minute film." She said, "Usually, there's chaos and things fall apart, but because of them, it held together the way that it did, and I really feel like the reason this film got made in the way that it did is because of that group: the Bostonians."
Feig agreed, "They are some of the finest people I've ever worked with," adding, "Boston is in good hands if they have to go through something like this. They are in the best hands possible."
The movie is scheduled to hit theaters across the country on June 28. It revolves around Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Bullock) and her Boston cop partner, Det. Shannon Mullins (McCarthy).
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers