Dick Van Dyke Cancels Public Appearance Due to Unspecified Neurological Disorder
Dick Van Dyke has to take easy on his schedule because he is suffering from an illness which appears to be neurological issue. The 87-year-old actor was scheduled to attend 92Y event in New York on April 26 to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for Bettering Humanity Through Comedy. However, a spokesperson for the event confirmed that he would not be able to make it.
"Due to a medical condition, Mr. Van Dyke is unable to travel to New York for the program," the spokesperson said. His representative told Entertainment Tonight that the actor was not feeling well because he had "fatigue and lack of sleep resulting from symptoms of a yet-to-be diagnosed neurological disorder."
In addition, Van Dyke's representative Bob Palmer told USA Today, "Tests and scans have yet to reveal a specific diagnosis. Various medications have not diminished the symptoms." According to the representative, Van Dyke is in good physical condition, "but the fatigue factor has become acute. Until there is a specific diagnosis and treatment plan he is advised against travel by flight and is resting at home in Malibu."
Van Dyke took to Twitter to talk about his condition on Wednesday, April 17, saying, "My head bangs every time I lay down. I've had every test come back that I'm perfectly healthy. Anybody got any ideas?" He explained further that he already "had every test you can think of (CAT Scan, MRI, Spinal tap etc)." A follower asked if it felt "like your heartbeat/pulse throbbing in your head," to which he replied, "Yes!" Van Dyke said that he had been suffering from the symptoms for seven years.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group