Dick Van Dyke Cancels Public Appearance Due to Unspecified Neurological Disorder
Dick Van Dyke has to take easy on his schedule because he is suffering from an illness which appears to be neurological issue. The 87-year-old actor was scheduled to attend 92Y event in New York on April 26 to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for Bettering Humanity Through Comedy. However, a spokesperson for the event confirmed that he would not be able to make it.
"Due to a medical condition, Mr. Van Dyke is unable to travel to New York for the program," the spokesperson said. His representative told Entertainment Tonight that the actor was not feeling well because he had "fatigue and lack of sleep resulting from symptoms of a yet-to-be diagnosed neurological disorder."
In addition, Van Dyke's representative Bob Palmer told USA Today, "Tests and scans have yet to reveal a specific diagnosis. Various medications have not diminished the symptoms." According to the representative, Van Dyke is in good physical condition, "but the fatigue factor has become acute. Until there is a specific diagnosis and treatment plan he is advised against travel by flight and is resting at home in Malibu."
Van Dyke took to Twitter to talk about his condition on Wednesday, April 17, saying, "My head bangs every time I lay down. I've had every test come back that I'm perfectly healthy. Anybody got any ideas?" He explained further that he already "had every test you can think of (CAT Scan, MRI, Spinal tap etc)." A follower asked if it felt "like your heartbeat/pulse throbbing in your head," to which he replied, "Yes!" Van Dyke said that he had been suffering from the symptoms for seven years.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert