TIME's Influential Icons: Justin Timberlake Says Jimmy Fallon Interrupted His Wedding Speech
Justin Timberlake contributes to TIME's latest issue, writing Jimmy Fallon's profile story to explain why the comedian deserves a spot on the magazine's "Most Influential People" list. The singer specifically recalls his wedding to Jessica Biel, where the late-night host was among the guests.
"Jimmy Fallon just can't help himself," Timberlake says of his good buddy. "Picture this: I'm in the heart of an impromptu speech at my wedding reception in front of 150 guests, pouring it out to my lovely new bride. You could hear a pin drop. I paused for just a moment in between thoughts."
"And then there was Jimmy, shouting a joke from his seat, sparking an improv between the two of us that went on for a good five or 10 minutes and had all our guests roaring with laughter," he remembers, calling his pal "a brilliant comedian. A talented musician. A spot-on impersonator."
Still, the former boybander admits he was caught off guard by Kimmel's brazen move, "Interrupting the groom's speech at the wedding reception? Cracking jokes when your buddy is looking desperately for the words to say that he hopes his wife will remember forever?"
"It turned into a moment that everyone there will remember forever. Anyone else would have bombed on that stage. And then I would have kicked their ass."
"He is constantly punching up jokes out loud or improvising when we are in the same room - no matter who else is around," JT applauds the comedian. "Jimmy has redefined and recharged late-night television with a genuine excitement and energy that gets under your skin."
Timberlake himself is also listed among the most influential icons of 2013 by TIME, along with the likes of fellow musicians Frank Ocean, Jay-Z & Beyonce Knowles, and actresses Lena Dunham & Jennifer Lawrence. His own profile story comes from Stevie Wonder.
"Justin has accomplished a lot at a young age, taking advantage of all the possibilities, and yet he's found time to give of himself too - he gets and gives back. He has a spirit. He does God's work through using the most of his talent," the music icon sings high praise for the ex-NSYNC member.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics