'American Idol' Results: Janelle Arthur Is Out of All-Female Finalists
Janelle Arthur has become the first girl to be eliminated from the Top 10 of "American Idol" season 12. The 23-year-old Tennessean landed in the bottom two along with Kree Harrison, but she's the one who had to sing for her life on Thursday, April 18.
She performed The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" to show that she deserved to stay on the competition, but the judges decided not to use the save. "There's two for and two not for, so unfortunately, baby, it's not unanimous. We're not gonna use it," Randy Jackson announced, saying that the debate was "tough." He added, "We love you, though. We love-love you. Thank you."
Nicki Minaj indeed had predicted on Wednesday that Janelle would get low votes from audience, but told her, "You need to know you were great." Jimmy Iovine, meanwhile, critcized her song choice on "Ladies' night", calling her choice of "Dumb Blonde" a case of "right diva, wrong song."
With Janelle's elimination, it means Kree is in the Top 4 along with Candice Glover, Angie Miller and Amber Holcomb.
The latest results show saw the return of former Idols Clay Aiken, who sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water", and Fantasia Barrino, who performed her new song "Lose to Win". Former "Idol" judge Paula Abdul also made appearance, praising Candice's performance of "Straight Up" on Wednesday night. Fall Out Boy, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo were additionally seen watching from the audience.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments