'American Idol' Results: Janelle Arthur Is Out of All-Female Finalists
Janelle Arthur has become the first girl to be eliminated from the Top 10 of "American Idol" season 12. The 23-year-old Tennessean landed in the bottom two along with Kree Harrison, but she's the one who had to sing for her life on Thursday, April 18.
She performed The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" to show that she deserved to stay on the competition, but the judges decided not to use the save. "There's two for and two not for, so unfortunately, baby, it's not unanimous. We're not gonna use it," Randy Jackson announced, saying that the debate was "tough." He added, "We love you, though. We love-love you. Thank you."
Nicki Minaj indeed had predicted on Wednesday that Janelle would get low votes from audience, but told her, "You need to know you were great." Jimmy Iovine, meanwhile, critcized her song choice on "Ladies' night", calling her choice of "Dumb Blonde" a case of "right diva, wrong song."
With Janelle's elimination, it means Kree is in the Top 4 along with Candice Glover, Angie Miller and Amber Holcomb.
The latest results show saw the return of former Idols Clay Aiken, who sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water", and Fantasia Barrino, who performed her new song "Lose to Win". Former "Idol" judge Paula Abdul also made appearance, praising Candice's performance of "Straight Up" on Wednesday night. Fall Out Boy, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo were additionally seen watching from the audience.
More American Idol News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3