Lady GaGa Is the Second Most Influential Person Over the Past Ten Years
Lady GaGa is more influential than J.K. Rowling and U.S. President Barack Obama, according to Time Magazine. However, it seemed that she had to defeat Aung San Suu Kyi first if she wanted to be the most influential icon of the past decade.
During the last ten years, GaGa collected a whopping $52 million, five Grammys, and over 35 million Twitter followers. She also set up a Born This Way Foundation which was dedicated to anti-bullying and youth empowerment schemes.
As for Suu Kyi, she spent the most of her past 10 years being placed under house arrest while fighting for the freedom of Burma. After being released in 2010, she was elected to become part of the Burmese parliament in 2012.
GaGa and Suu Kyi managed to beat other influential people including President Obama, First Lady of the U.S. Michele Obama, former United States Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, talk show host Oprah Winfrey, and Google founder Larry Page.
More Lady GaGa News
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik