Funny or Die Releases 'iSteve' Featuring Justin Long as Steve Jobs
With two other biopics of Steve Jobs in the production, Funny or Die becomes the first to release the biopic of the Apple founder on Tuesday, April 16. The video, which features Justin Long who plays the titular character Jobs, becomes the first Funny or Die video which runs for more than one hour.
The video follows Jobs' parodied journey to establish a computer company, Apple. It shows how Jobs meets Apple's co-founder, Steve Wozniak (played by Jorge Garcia), and his relationship with Melinda Gates (played by Michaela Watkins).
The video is directed and written by a staff of Funny or Die, Ryan Perez. He admitted that he shot the film in five days, based on the script he wrote in three days using Steve Jobs' wikipedia page as the only source.
The fake biopic also stars James Urbaniak as Bill Gates. "iSteve" was scheduled to be released on Monday, April 15, but it got delayed following Boston Marathon bombings. The funny video can be found on Funny or Die website.
Sony Pictures is developing a biopic of Jobs based on Walter Isaacson's biography. The film which is written by Aaron Sorkin is in its early stages, with no official release date. Another Jobs biopic is titled "jOBS", which stars Ashton Kutcher. The film which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival back in January, was supposed to be released in U.S. theaters in April, but it got pushed back with no new release date set.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies