Funny or Die Releases 'iSteve' Featuring Justin Long as Steve Jobs
With two other biopics of Steve Jobs in the production, Funny or Die becomes the first to release the biopic of the Apple founder on Tuesday, April 16. The video, which features Justin Long who plays the titular character Jobs, becomes the first Funny or Die video which runs for more than one hour.
The video follows Jobs' parodied journey to establish a computer company, Apple. It shows how Jobs meets Apple's co-founder, Steve Wozniak (played by Jorge Garcia), and his relationship with Melinda Gates (played by Michaela Watkins).
The video is directed and written by a staff of Funny or Die, Ryan Perez. He admitted that he shot the film in five days, based on the script he wrote in three days using Steve Jobs' wikipedia page as the only source.
The fake biopic also stars James Urbaniak as Bill Gates. "iSteve" was scheduled to be released on Monday, April 15, but it got delayed following Boston Marathon bombings. The funny video can be found on Funny or Die website.
Sony Pictures is developing a biopic of Jobs based on Walter Isaacson's biography. The film which is written by Aaron Sorkin is in its early stages, with no official release date. Another Jobs biopic is titled "jOBS", which stars Ashton Kutcher. The film which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival back in January, was supposed to be released in U.S. theaters in April, but it got pushed back with no new release date set.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?