Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Premiere 'Can't Hold Us' Music Video
The funky pair of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis has unveiled the epic music video for their new single "Can't Hold Us", the latest track to be released from their 2012 gold-certified album "The Heist". Just like in every live performance of this song, the rap duo brought along R 'n' B/gospel singer Ray Dalton for the ride.
And that ride is a trek across the globe, a grand production that resulted in seven-minute long clip which was cinematically executed by directors Jason Koenig, Jon Jon Augustavo and Ryan Lewis himself. From ice-covered regions to the desert, from the high seas to the deep forests, from dog-sledding to flying private planes, Macklemore goes through it in all his trademark attention-grabbing costumes, which included a military jacket and a wolf's head parka.
Just like in their live performances, the video features a large crowd bopping to Macklemore's beat and rhymes. They sure serve as a safe and comfortable drop-off point whenever the rap twosome throw themselves into the crowd. A flag bearing the words "The Heist" is prominently seen being waved from a "Pirates of the Caribbean"-type ship, a motorcycle and even a camel.
"Can't Hold Us" is expected to replicate the success of "Thrift Shop" and the makers of the video surely didn't hold back on it, shooting it in six different continents, with Ben Haggerty himself and Ryan Lewis deeply involved in the production, co-writing with Tricia Davis, who produced it with Honna Kimmerer and Jenny Koenig.
More Macklemore News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed