Will Smith Is in Talks to Star in 'Focus', Kristen Stewart Quits the Project
Award-nominated actor Will Smith is reportedly in final talks to lead Warner Bros.' upcoming project "Focus". If the 44-year-old father of actor and rapper Jaden Smith and the studio reach an agreement, he will take the role which was previously vacated by Ben Affleck.
As the studio is about to land its male lead, the female lead Kristen Stewart is reported to be no longer attached to the project. The reason behind the "Twilight" star's departure is reportedly because of the age difference between her and Smith. Thus, the studio is currently seeking for an actress closer to his age.
Written and directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, "Focus" follows an inexperienced female con artist who teams up with a more seasoned male one. Denise DiNovi will serve as the producer of the film.
Initially, Requa and Ficarra wrote the script with "Crazy, Stupid, Love." stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in mind. However, the plans were immediately scrapped due to scheduling conflicts. The studio then eyed Affleck and Stewart to play the couple in this film, but the "Argo" actor dropped out last December because of prior commitments, and Stewart soon followed his step.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?