First 'R.I.P.D.' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Partners Jeff Bridges in Deados Hunt
The first trailer for Universal Pictures' "R.I.P.D." has been debuted online via Machinima. The video takes fans to venture into the afterlife of Ryan Reynolds's character Nick Walker. Still disbelieving that he is already dead, Walker soon learns that his life is not completely over as he is set to be involved in justice protection act in "Rest in Peace Department".
Walker serves as a new partner of a Western sheriff named Roy Pulsifer, portrayed by Jeff Bridges. The rookie and the brash veteran then rid themselves of distrust and soon make a great team as they are collaborating to track and catch monstrous spirits who are cleverly disguised as ordinary people on Earth.
Adapted from the Dark Horse comic book "Rest in Peace Department" by Peter M. Lenkov, "R.I.P.D." follows Nick Walker, a cop who joins the department after being murdered. He then dedicates himself to search for the man who set him up as he does his duty fighting fiendish creatures.
The film, which is penned by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, also stars Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, Mike O'Malley, James Hong, Marisa Miller and Robert Knepper. The Robert Schwentke-directed film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'