First 'R.I.P.D.' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Partners Jeff Bridges in Deados Hunt
The first trailer for Universal Pictures' "R.I.P.D." has been debuted online via Machinima. The video takes fans to venture into the afterlife of Ryan Reynolds's character Nick Walker. Still disbelieving that he is already dead, Walker soon learns that his life is not completely over as he is set to be involved in justice protection act in "Rest in Peace Department".
Walker serves as a new partner of a Western sheriff named Roy Pulsifer, portrayed by Jeff Bridges. The rookie and the brash veteran then rid themselves of distrust and soon make a great team as they are collaborating to track and catch monstrous spirits who are cleverly disguised as ordinary people on Earth.
Adapted from the Dark Horse comic book "Rest in Peace Department" by Peter M. Lenkov, "R.I.P.D." follows Nick Walker, a cop who joins the department after being murdered. He then dedicates himself to search for the man who set him up as he does his duty fighting fiendish creatures.
The film, which is penned by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, also stars Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, Mike O'Malley, James Hong, Marisa Miller and Robert Knepper. The Robert Schwentke-directed film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 19.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown