First 'R.I.P.D.' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds Partners Jeff Bridges in Deados Hunt
The first trailer for Universal Pictures' "R.I.P.D." has been debuted online via Machinima. The video takes fans to venture into the afterlife of Ryan Reynolds's character Nick Walker. Still disbelieving that he is already dead, Walker soon learns that his life is not completely over as he is set to be involved in justice protection act in "Rest in Peace Department".
Walker serves as a new partner of a Western sheriff named Roy Pulsifer, portrayed by Jeff Bridges. The rookie and the brash veteran then rid themselves of distrust and soon make a great team as they are collaborating to track and catch monstrous spirits who are cleverly disguised as ordinary people on Earth.
Adapted from the Dark Horse comic book "Rest in Peace Department" by Peter M. Lenkov, "R.I.P.D." follows Nick Walker, a cop who joins the department after being murdered. He then dedicates himself to search for the man who set him up as he does his duty fighting fiendish creatures.
The film, which is penned by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, also stars Kevin Bacon, Stephanie Szostak, Mike O'Malley, James Hong, Marisa Miller and Robert Knepper. The Robert Schwentke-directed film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 19.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered